Tuesday 15 October 2019

Pumpkin Patch

 Happy autumn week dear readers.......here we have fabric pumpkins both old ones and new ones and a cute little pumpkin patch sign from little seed handmade here.....
 ............i love my little fabric pumpkins and make a few each year with the latest fabrics.....they are cute heaped up or individually dotted about and make a nice pincushion sometimes too ......(pattern in my etsy shop link in sidebar)......
 ..............there has been plenty of other cosy autumn sewing going on here this week too.....a couple more log cabin blocks to add to the stack for my quilt......these have some autumn colour incorporated into their scrappy strips.............
 ............and i finished binding my little cherries quilt .........helped by a nice cup of tea.....(the teacup was my mother in law's favourite one.....i like to use it sometimes and i think she'd like that too....)
 .............pretty fabrics from lecien and tilda...........together they have a very soft and subtle effect i think..............
 ..............pretty new jug by greengate...........
 ...............china jugs and quilts and flowers.................some of my favourite things.....
 ..............as well as candles with a gentle scent..........such a cosy time......
 ...............here is mabel the big bunny waiting for her new scarf and maybe a cardigan too.....getting a bit chilly now......
 .............out in the garden there are still lots of cosmos flowering and the latest hydrangea in the cottage garden is turning beautiful autumn shades of red, pink and russet...........
 ..........such a beautiful nostalgic time of year and so many sunny days as well as grey and misty ones......the garden is changing daily and there are little brown mushrooms popping up everywhere.....
................thank you for dropping by to visit my little pumpkin patch.......i love to hear from you and to have your visits......wishing you all a wonderful autumn (or spring!) week ahead with happy times and crafty inspirations..........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I do love your pumpkins Helen .. I really need to make some more!! All your log cabin blocks are pretty but I think the autumnal coloured one is my fav and well you know how I feel about your cherry quilt .. as for bunnies, need I say more! :)
Cosmos and hydrangea pretty much sums up the garden at the moment!!
Have a lovely new week,
V x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Your fabric pumpkins are lovely. The colors give autumn a cheery atmosphere.

Little Quiltsong said...

Love seeing all your pretty pictures again :)! Your cherry quilt turned out beautiful, and your new jug is so pretty. Lovely flowers still blooming even though they know their time is almost up. I need to take a pic of my hydrangeas - I'm enjoying their fullness and changing colours from afar. Mabel looks so sweet in the Farm Product box - enjoy your Fall weather!

butterfly said...

Love the pumpkins , I must make some next year .
I am to busy right now stitching a sampler .
I have been away , so now playing catch up.
Your blog is as pretty has always .

Kathleen O'Grady said...

I just adore all your lovely pictures! Such a sweet and cozy home you must have. Your fabric pumpkins are so cute.

Lorrie said...

Beautiful little pumpkins. They say Autumn in the sweetest way!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

All of your photos are so pretty, so adorable
I cleaned up some of my gardens, we had a dry summer but my flowers were a joy. I had to snap down the big sunflowers and leave the heads in the gardens for the birdies. I love your cosmos. Every year mine bring me such happiness.... and the zinnias, nasturtiums and the lavender too.
Enjoy your week ahead

Teresa Kasner said...

I love your fabric pumpkins.. I have my Halloween tables-cape in the dining room. I have velvet, crocheted and blown glass pumpkins. You should add a crocheted one or two to your pumpkin basket! Your garden is looking nice even as the season is nearly done. Enjoy your Autumn!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Rachael Ayres said...

Do you have a link to a post with more pictures of the quilt Mabel is sitting by? I adore the muted colours and would love to see more of it. Gorgeous.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Eye candy as always! Love the new quilt and the touch of fall colors in it... and of course, I'm all googley eyed over the pumpkins! I bought your pattern off Etsy but have as yet to make any! It's not hard and I just need to get out some fun fabrics! I've been on a Christmas card making roll, so have to finish up what I started first.. and then on to other things! Love your flowers yet in the garden too. Ours have all died off.

Christine B said...

Such a beautiful post as your posts always are Helen! Love your new jug and all the fabulous quilts, blocks and pumpkins! Enjoy the rest of your week! Christine xx

Cream Linen said...

Such a pretty pumpkin patch!! The fabric you have used is beautiful and the colour combinations very pretty,too.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh {Sigh}. The beauty! It's all so pretty here Helen - I love it all! Those log cabin blocks are adorable -- I can't wait to see them. And the little cherry quilt -- SOOOO sweet!!! Have a wonderful weekend!