Tuesday 1 October 2019

Autumn Days

 Happy October everyone!.............autumn is here in all its colourful beauty......
 ...........and there is a lovely new little sign to remind us too (from little seed handmade here)......
 ...........we have lots of apples both real and stitched ones......(and apple charms too)......
 ...........and even apples appliqued onto some lovely vintage napkins that i found while looking for something else......
 ...............the apple applique is the one i used for my little apples quilt.....(the pattern is in my etsy shop link in sidebar)......
 ............here's the finished napkin in use (the cake in the tin is actually carrot cake though!)...this week i'll be baking an apple cake and an apple crumble too.....
 .............in the potting shed ......tidying away the summer things and getting out the tools to do a whole lot of gardening.............
 ..............still lots of green in the garden but some of the leaves are turning now and we have had some beautiful golden days...............
 ..............we got the pumpkin quilt out to snuggle under.......the evenings have become very chilly....
 ............lovely old terracotta pots ready to plant some seeds....we have harvested lots of everlasting sweet pea seeds so will see if i can grow a few and am giving a few to friends who liked them too.............
 ...........big bunny with an autumn pillow and a pumpkin......think i need to knit her a scarf and maybe a cardie too......
..............thank you for dropping by dear readers......it's lovely to have your visit and always a pleasure to read your kind comments......i have been very busy writing my next book but now it is almost finished and i will have more time for blog visits again.......sending you all warm and cosy wishes for october and plenty of crafty inspirations too.........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Beautiful autumnal pics Helen, I have never saved sweet pea seeds, maybe I should!
Yes I definitely think big bunny needs a scarf and cardie ... it's getting chilly!
Really looking forward to seeing your new book. :)
Happy October my friend,
V x

Lorrie said...

Lovely photos of your autumn touches, Helen. My sweet peas did nothing this year, until while doing some garden clean up, I found ONE solitary blossom. So disappointing. I'll try a different spot in the garden next year. Good luck with finishing your book!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely. Happy Autumn!
Fabric apples are on my list. I made my first fabric pumpkin last week. The first pattern cut out done from scratch, had to be adjusted. I cut cres cents instead of long ovals. lol

Teresa Kasner said...

I definitely think the big bunny needs some warm wooly things to keep her warm over the Autumn and Winter! I'm excited about your new book.. I am looking forward to seeing it. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Little Quiltsong said...

You always have such beautiful pics, Helen!! Love your sweet pumpkin quilt - makes me want to stop and make one right now too! Enjoy your autumn and puttering in your potting shed - sounds delightful!

Christine B said...

Love your beautiful garden photographs and the gorgeous pumpkin quilt but my favourite item in this post is the glorious wreath..... so beautiful! Have a lovely weekend Helen xxx

Jo said...

I have been making those pumpkin pin cushions too. Lovely pictures as ever. Jo x