Tuesday 10 September 2019

Fabric Love

 Happy new week dear readers..........we are enjoying some special fabric love this week.....
 ..........this is a huge log cabin block in progress featuring some of my pretty lecien flower sugar stash.....
 .............and here is the blue flower pots quilt top which is now complete and soon to be quilted.....
 ...........people often ask where i get my fabrics from.....i buy them mainly from various different online shops and i will include a list of some of my current favourites at the end of this post....
 ...........just like bricks and mortar shops the stock of fabrics in online shops is always changing, updating or selling out...so if i see a fabric i like i buy it at once.....
 ............sometimes i have been gifted fabric from designers or manufacturers and luckily they are always ones i love so i'm delighted to use them in my work.....
 ....... mostly i just pick fat quarters of  new fabrics or even a charm pack and then choose my favourites to buy yardage......i love to have lots of stripes and dots to mix with florals......
 ..........this is my new little plums quilt.....it's a companion quilt to the little apples quilt and also uses tilda fabrics.......you can find the patterns for them both in my etsy shop............(link in sidebar)
 ............using a mix of different fabric collections is usually how i work.......these little quilts are the exception to my normally happy scrappy selection.....it's always fun to find how different collections look together and some lovely fabric combinations often happen purely by serendipity....
 .............below is a work in progress.....the little cherries quilt is now being hand quilted......
 .........some favourite online stores where i find my fabrics are:
fat quarter shop, wool warehouse, the homemakery, sew and quilt, my fabrics, plush addict.......i am often asked about finding fabrics and i hope this helps :)............
.............we are enjoying a lovely sunny autumn week here...perfect for gardening and country walks....and gathering autumn inspiration for making and crafting things........thank you for dropping in to see me here dear readers and for the kind comments you leave which i always enjoy so much......wishing you a wonderful week ahead with plenty of seasonal inspiration wherever in the world you are...........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

14 comments:

Jacky H said...

It's always a joy to read your blog. I love your colours you choose they work so well together.
Thank you for sharing where you buy your fabrics from.

Elizabethd said...

Thank you for those contacts,Helen. They will be useful.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your fabric choices are always so pretty Helen .... lovely to hear where you buy them from, some I've used but there are a couple of new ones to have a little browse in! :)
Your cherry quilt is definitely a favourite of mine. 🍒
Happy new week my dear, we're having a few days away so hoping for some sunshine.
V x

Elderberry-Rob said...

such pretty quilting, the colour combinations are so fresh and light.

Teresa Kasner said...

It was fun to see so many of your quilts in one post, you really have the best eye for color. I think my favorite is the cherry one, I love cherries! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog post. You're a very kind and sweet friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you for the fabric links
Lovely quilts

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh these are all so pretty! Love the little plum quilt.. the lavenders look wonderful with the other pinks and reds, etc. Who would have thought? So much color and fun (and work!) in these little treasures! Hugs... Marilyn

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Helen, I am happy you are enjoying delightful autumn days
Here in Northern Virginia it is still kind of .... HOT

I absolutely adore all three of your quilts. The flower pots quilt is going to be wonderful once quilted

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Thanks for the links! I don't quilt but I like pretty fabric for small projects! I love the flower pots and of course the one with lavender colors! Enjoy your week!

Lorrie said...

Your fabrics are always so pretty - thank you for the links. I love your fruity quilts - so perfect for autumn.

Jen Kershner said...

Such bright happy color! You have a talent for putting them together.

Rhona said...

I love your fabric choices, they always go beautifully together.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So many beautiful quilts. I'm a big fan of happy and scrappy! :) Have a wonderful weekend.

marmarel said...

Always happy when I see pictures from your beautiful work!
Greetings from Marijke