Monday 16 September 2019

Autumn Things

 Happy new week dear readers......we are enjoying some beautiful autumn days here.....
 .............this little wreath was made this week with garden snippets and some of my tiny fabric pumpkins...........
 ............there are lots of red berries in the garden this year so the birds will be happy.....below is a natural garland where a shrub has twined through the lattice fence....i'm not sure that you can see in the photo but a spider has been spinning long silvery threads to add to the decoration too....
 ..........i have been busily writing my book over the past week as well as making a few more fabric pumpkins and sewing some work in progress quilts.....
 ...............loving these pretty stripes and using them in my log cabin block below.....
 ............and in the evenings i've been sewing lots and lots of blue and white hexagons on my hexie quilt.....
 ..........such a relaxing way to work......thinking i must begin another english paper pieced quilt when i eventually finish this one as it's so nice to have it there just to pick up and work on each night...
 .............now that i've decided on the pattern layout this project is speeding along again....
 ............i didn't do any sewing this weekend though as we were too busy celebrating our eldest daughter's birthday with lots of family fun......she is 40 years old....unbelievable!!......she had a well deserved wonderful time and we all enjoyed every moment too......
 ...........today it's back to work on my writing and later a little bit of gardening amongst the autumn flowers.....
 .............and i just had to take a quick picture of the wreath on my little cottage garden gate......
............thank you so much for dropping by to my little space here dear readers.....and a huge thank you to those who leave me a kind comment it's a pleasure to hear from you......wishing you a wonderful week with autumn flowers and sunshine and lots of crafty inspirations.......back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

The wreath is very pretty, i like making them too.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

That is just the prettiest wreath Helen and I love the blue and white quilt!! :)
No doubt your little spiders web will show up on the first frosty morning we get ... but I hope that is a little while off yet!
So glad Sarah had a wonderful birthday and you all had lots of fun.
Wishing you a lovely new week,
V x

Lorrie said...

I do love the colours and lightness in your wreath - it's autumnal without all the orange and brown. More my style. Enjoy your sewing and writing!

juffrouw Ooievaar said...

Hello Helen,
I love your quilts en the nice and lovely blogs you write :)
I found out that I have a book of you :)
I'm curious to your new book, good luck with writing :)
Have a nice week,
Anita

Teresa Kasner said...

What a wonderful wreath you created! It's so sweet with your handmade fabric pumpkins and I think the little twig stems are clever. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your daughter! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

DARLING darling.... darling.. is all I can say! Love the wreath and the red berries.. and the "natural swag on the fence. Oh so pretty. And those tiny pumpkins.. again you are inspiring me to make some tiny ones! Where is my pink fabric? The hexi quilt is so pretty.. makes me want to make some hexis... but.. maybe.. not.... I do love hand work but that's pretty small for these old(er) eyes so I will just admire from afar. Thank you again for another lovely post! xoxo Marilyn

Jacky H said...

Hi Helen Autumn is certainly on it way, you can feel it in the air. Your wreath is gorgeous that's on my to do list that keeps growing to.
Your hexi quilt is one one of my favourite.
Thank you for a lovely blog to read.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Most happiest of birthday wishes to your daughter
Aren't we blessed.
I am happy you can be close to family and spend happy times with them. We are also close by to our daughters and hubbies and babies, so that is a wonderful thing.
Your sewing projects are always inspiring

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful wreaths! Sewing fabric pumpkins is a delightful project.

Jo said...

Lots of sunshine here today. Your wreath looks wonderful. Jo x