Monday 13 May 2019

Sewing Little Things

 Happy new week dear readers..................i've been sewing some little things this week...and also some bigger things which have to remain a secret for now.....
 ............i unrolled the beautiful lecien fabrics sushi roll and began to make some little things with it....like these tiny hearts, each one a celebration of the pretty flower sugar prints.............
 .............i love my collection of vintage spools, all of which came from my mother and my mother in law.............i love the names given to the different colours and just having them around reminds me of childhood and my mum always sewing lovely things for us................
 .............they are good for styling photos too.......
 ...............here are some in a glass jar and below echoing the colours in a small project.....
 ................inspired this week by the colours of our flowering wisteria and by the lovely lilac fabrics in my sushi roll (see last post for pics of both) i made another log cabin block for my collection....
 ................such pretty and inspiring fabrics...........more of these soon......
 .............in the garden now.............daisies flowering in a grey pot outside the potting shed....
 ............and here's an old table that i painted years ago when i was into stencilling.....i thought i might gather some plant pots on it for some garden table photos......
 ...........and the may blossom is out all across the fields and hedgerows on all our walks.....so beautiful to see and such perfect little flowers................
 ............from green leafy clumps we suddenly have french lavender in flower......so much happening in the garden at the moment every day brings something new......i have planted some new flowers today....self seeded or volunteer plants that grew in the gravel paths have been carefully dug up and planted in the cottage garden......must go and water them in now......
...............thanks for stopping by to see me here lovely readers and thank you to everyone who takes the time to leave a sweet comment...so nice to hear from you and so much appreciated :).......wishing you a wonderful week ahead with sunshine and flowers and happy crafty times......back soon xxxxxx

16 comments:

loraine everard said...

Helen, your blog is always such a lovely place to visit! I love the soft colours you use. Here in Northumberland, the may blossom is just starting. I love it, and look forward to seeing it every year. Hope this great weather continues! x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful photos. I thought the hearts in the 1st photo dish was candy they are so lovely.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Beautiful Beautiful! Your scissors even match the fabrics! Love it! You are so lucky to have such an array of beautiful flowers and colors..love those purple ones in the last photo and the may blossoms. I love trees with blossoms on them! The little painted table is darling and will look wonderful with little pots of flowers. I need to repaint my white outdoor hutch again. I left it out all winter and didn't cover it, so the poor wood is in bad shape and the white paint all peeling off. It should really be inside a potting shed, which I don't have. A nice crisp coat of white paint will help immensely.. and maybe some little stenciled flowers.. you gave me a good idea on that! Have a wonderful week. Love all of your sweet projects and especially the log cabin block! xoxo Marilyn

Blondie's Journal said...

Your French lavender is so pretty! Very different from what I have seen here in the States. I have a bed of daisies but I'm loving your long, blowzy stemmed blooms!

Happy almost Summer!!

Jane x

Christine B said...

What pretty little hearts Helen and your log cabin block is fabulous too. Hope you are able to enjoy sitting in your garden this week! Christine xx

butterfly said...

I love to see and read your lovely post always so pretty .
I love pretty things so to read your blog makes me smile and a feeling of happiness, what could be better ,thankyou.

Jacky H said...

Everything in your garden looks lovely.
All the colours match.
Looks like the weather is picking up you'll be able to enjoy sitting in your garden.

Cherie said...

Another of you lovely posts to brighten my day I have just spotted the gorgeous flower granny square throw on your side bar. It looks gorgeous

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Very pretty Helen,
I hope you are having sunshine today
We had five days of rain, and it is so nice to see the sun.
I love your olden spools of thread.
A few years ago, I bought a huge bag of olden threads and spools from a friend. I paid her handsomely just to make her happy ❤️

Little Quiltsong said...

Your flowers are so pretty. Love how you utilize many different pots for them to grow in. Lovely pics Helen!

Rhona said...

Lovely pictures, Helen! I found some vintage threads when clearing out my dad's house....aren't they wonderful?!! My hubby couldn't believe that I wasn't throwing them out....oh the horror! They are safely in my craft room and taken out for picture props.

Jo said...

I made my vintage spools into a sewing wreath for my sewing room door. They were from my nans house. Great memories. Lilac is the colour of the moment for you. Jo xx

FlashinScissors said...

I have a few vintage cotton reels but somehow I never think to use them in my photo shoots!
Must try to remember to search them out next time I’m taking pictures!
Lovely pics Helen! Your blocks are very pretty! Love the scissors too!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Teresa Kasner said...

Hello dear Helen.. I love all your pastel floral hearts.. they would look pretty strung like the birds you made on a string with bead spacers. I also adore your old wooden spools.. I have a few.. somewhere.. :-) Thank you for sharing with us.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I love all your new little projects Helen ... I particularly love your lilac block, so pretty!!
They just don't make spools like they used to, do they, the old wooden spools are so beautiful.
Your garden is looking lovely, enjoy it in the sunshine!!
V x

Lorrie said...

Little projects are such fun and yours are so pretty. Love the wooden spools - I have a few from my husband's grandmother and I love seeing them in a bowl in my sewing room. Your wisteria inspired quilt square is lovely.