Monday 20 May 2019

Flowers and Fishes

 Happy new week dear readers.......here is a picture of my work table taken the other day when i was making some heart blocks for a new pink version of my heartstrings quilt...........
 ...........there are lots of pretty fabrics here already of course but i had to treat myself to just a few new ones as well....work wise i'm very busy at the moment as i've just signed up to do a new book which is very exciting............
 ...........in the garden the sweetheart rose (cecile brunner) is now flowering and twining amongst the wisteria...........
 ..............it's even more like a waterfall this week.......and so deliciously scented.....
 ............the greenhouse was full of cuttings and seedlings and i finally got round to planting some out....
 ..............pelargonium cuttings from one of my favourites.......
 .............lots of seedlings............below is the seed tray i showed here a few weeks ago.....now these cosmos are bigger still and planted out in the cottage garden....i grew millions of seeds this year...or it felt like it when i was planting them all anyway ;).....
 .............and now my latest little fabric fishes...........made from the pattern in my etsy shop......
 .............i found some cute tins which inspired a little more fish stitching......
 ..............the dotty fabric is from lecien's flower sugar rose kiss collection which i'm really enjoying sewing with at the moment.......
 ..............more fishes....some i made last year.....
 ............in fact there is now a whole crateful..............and i am pretty sure there will be more.....
............thank you so much for dropping by to my little crafty space here and sharing my flowers and sewing...........it's always such a treat to read your kind comments too..........wishing everyone a happy week with flowers and crafting......and a thought for those who are maybe not having such a happy time.............sending love to you and wishing you well..............back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11 comments:

Jacky H said...

Your garden looks stunning all your hard work has certainly paid off. All your little fish have turned into a shoal.

Starqltr said...

Thank you for your happy thoughts and wishes. Love your pictures .

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh my, your wisteria and roses look divine, I can only imagine the scent!!!
Your new little quilt is beautiful and of course its always nice to get some new crafting material (no matter how much you have)! :)
Such exciting news about your new book!
Happy new week my friend,
V x

Rhona said...

A new book....how exciting!
Love your rose...well, I love all your flowers to be honest :)
And those little fishies are just wonderful.
Happy crafting.

PamKittyMorning said...

Your gardening and your sewing is always inspiring. You just don't know how thrilling it still is seeing you using snippets here and there of PKM prints, even after all this time. Happy Spring and Happy Sewing Helen. xo

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh Helen, your gardens look so lovely.
I made some fishies for my grand daughters. They love them

Teresa Kasner said...

I am excited to hear of your new book.. I look forward to seeing what you create. My goodness.. your wisteria is very long! We really need some here on our farm. I wish I had a cute little geranium like yours. Thank you for your kind words about those of us who are having a challenging time. Both my husband and I adore you. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Love those little fishies! How cute cute cute... same as I love your little birdies. Everything looks so wonderful.. the pinks and the wisteria. Not much flowering here except for our Irises.. and they ARE gorgeous. Those little pink fish tins are just adorable! I would keep the pink one forever! Take care and enjoy all those seedlings and flours.. and that lovely white picket fence. hugs.. Marilyn

butterfly said...

Beautiful post love your garden .

Christine B said...

Your garden is just so beautiful Helen.... no wonder you are inspired to create!! Love all your little fishes.... they are beautiful colours and really pretty. Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

Nick said...

Nice post. Thanks for share.
GTV Live
GTV Live Cricket