Monday 14 January 2019

January Workroom

 Happy new week to all my lovely blog readers...……..i hope january is going well for you....
 ……….pictures of my work table this week with lots of flying geese being sewn, notes and ideas being jotted down and other crafty things going on too......as well as plenty of tea and coffee and some cheerful flowers to look at of course...……….
………..the flying geese border is now sewn on to the central panel of applique flowers.....
 ……...next will be another border...….but first i am working on my second new quilt of the year so far which i'll show you at the end of this post.....
 ………..this is rita rabbit (named after one of my grandmas) and i am very fond of her although she was just a 'test' pattern she is quite sweet and the children all like her......i had to snap this picture of her after a child had been playing with her here last week :)….she seems to be a very maternal kind of rabbit…….
 ………...of course i have toys for myself most of all...….i love how they look with fabrics and stitchery.....the little dog is from northfield primitives and the little pram below is from maileg…..
 ……….this is my tiniest bunny and i might get a pattern written for her this year......here she is on the persephone bookshelf....a small child visiting here recently asked me if these were 'all the same book?'...……..:)
 ………..i have regretfully put the pixies away now till next christmas arrives......maybe we could invent summer pixies......
 ………….luckily the goose can stay around though, getting ready for easter…….
 ………...and here is my second new quilt...…….evening star blocks and more flying geese.....
 ……...i love the kona solid fabrics for the graphic look of the blocks and i really like these colours together......they are kona white, grapemist and punch......
………..thank you for all your sweet comments about my irish chain quilt last time......and thanks for all your visits to my little blog space...…..wishing you a happy week ahead with plenty of crafty inspirations...…………….back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 comments:

butterfly said...

Love all the delights on your blog all the things I dream of .

Have a great week .

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Both of your new quilts are beautiful Helen, I especially love those little flowers.
I of course love all the bunnies and other little critters. I bought the pink version of the little pram for my granddaughter.
I think summer pixies are a very good idea. :)
Happy new week lovely,
V x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely work
January here has been happier with the sound of the sewing machine going.

Mickie said...

Helen,
You are a wonder with all your fabulous quilts, rabbits and fun "stuff". Love all the sweet little toys for you and the wee ones. Do you ever sleep :)? I am finishing a quilt for one of my grandsons, and then must finish the Irish Chain quilt for his mother, our youngest daughter. Those will be two big WIPs off my list. Many more items to go though.
It is a cold, but sunny day here after a weekend of snow. We have about 6 inches, and it feels more like Christmas than Christmas actually did.
Happy crafty week ahead, and thank you for sharing.
Mickie Indiana, USA

Jane said...

Such sweet toys and gorgeous quilts Helen. My name for a summer pixie is a fairy...LOL! Enjoy your new makes,hugs xxx

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I absolutely love the applique flowers on the quilt...so charming! My pixies were packed away today, too...

Lorrie said...

How sweet of the children to think of your new bunny as maternal - she looks very protective of all the little ones in her care. Your applique quilt is lovely, and the new solid one, as well. Enjoy the hum of your sewing machine and the rhythm of handstitching.

Teresa Kasner said...

I love the idea of your darling grandchildren playing with your precious handmade toys. The flying geese make an excellent border for your flowers.. brilliant! I think you should make a summer pixie, you could start a trend!!

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Christine B said...

Your work table always looks such a pretty, welcoming place Helen... no wonder you have such lovely creative ideas!! Love your new quilt the colours are just gorgeous! Have a lovely week! Christine xx

Little Quiltsong said...

Your blog posts are always full of eye candy! So cheerful and cozy with all your lovely projects. I too enjoy placing some stuffed animals around our home - peaking from high-up perches, or in and around shelves and other objects. Your cute bunnies and toys make the pics so much sweeter. Love your bunnies especially :)!

Autumn said...

Your workroom looks so peaceful- yet full of creative busyness. I'm ready to have hyacinths on my desk- I'm just waiting for my flower shop to get some!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

So many fun projects - thanks for sharing♥

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

You are certainly a busy bee! Love the bunnies so much.. and the maternal one with the "babies"... so cute! Everything is just so pretty and cheerful. The appliqued flowers are wonderful. I still have only done hand applique one time, way back in the 80's.. that was my one attempt. i think the idea of summer pixies is great! Enjoy your busy week! Hugs.. Marilyn

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

Lovely colours and patterns, so cheerful. Pam in Norway x

Elderberry-Rob said...

your work room looks such an inspirational place to be. The little bunny from your giveaway is still with my 3 year old neighbour but I secretly want to whisk it away! I love the toy pram. We all have a little inner child methinks.