Monday 21 January 2019

January Flowers

 Happy new week lovely readers...….we have flowers today...lots of them....
 ………….tulips in pretty greengate jugs on the dresser...……..and a white china bowl with a beautiful white cyclamen in it (this plant was grown in my greenhouse)……….
 ……..we also have some patchwork flowers too...…...here's a peek at my quilt in progress....
 …..the first borders have been added and now work is underway on the next applique border which is flowery too......more soon about this one....
………..we have some more hyacinths now....i planted these bulbs in the pretty antique pot my friend gave me last year and grew them in the greenhouse until they began to flower last week....
 ……..pretty china, flowers and fabrics keep me happy during the bleaker months of the year...i am sure it is the same for many of you too....
 ………...on a friday outing i found some red and white tulips and this little book mark with wise words...……..
 …………..and at the weekend we walked in our favourite botanical gardens and found carpets of snowdrops beneath the trees...….we had a lovely walk as it wasn't too cold and there was no winter wind blowing this time......
 ……….every year i marvel at the pure white beauty of these little flowers......
 ……….and we also found some huge camellias in flower too.....amazing on a grey and cold british winter day to find huge bushes covered with rosy blooms....such a treat......
 ……….there is a lot of stitching going on here today but as it is for a magazine later in the year it has to be secret for now.....there is also a bit of valentine inspired sewing too which will be ready soon......
………...thank you so much for dropping by to see me here dear readers and for the kind comments you leave me.....it is such a treat to hear from old friends and new and i try to pop over and visit you too whenever i can....have a lovely week ahead with happy days and pretty flowers....back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

14 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

If ever there was a month that we needed flowers, it's January! You have lots of pretties here today Helen. It's so lovely to see the little snowdrops in bloom ... sadly today there is a very cold wind blowing, its a good job they're hardly little flowers.
Have a lovely week,
V x

Kate said...

Your flowers are awesome, Helen! I admit that I'm envious. ^^

Christine B said...

There are always so many inspiring photographs in your posts Helen! Love all of these today. Beautiful flowers, quilts and china! Love them all and as you say.... brightens everyone's day! Have a lovely week! Christine xx

Jacky H said...

So pretty, I think my granddaughter would love your flower quilt. I'll stick that on my ever growing todo list.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

The flowers and your stitcheries are so pretty together! So wonderful you grew the cyclamen in your greenhouse!

Janet Taber said...

You are so fortunate to live where you can enjoy blooms in nature in January! Those snowdrops! And those camellias! When I lived in the Deep South (here in the U.S. of A.) I remember discovering camellias in February and was so thrilled. But the flowers on your patchwork are also just lovely and so cheerful. Color is a wonderful antidote for the wintertime blahs. Thanks for always showing us some bright, cheery, beautifully-sewn color from your studio.

Teresa Kasner said...

Thank you for sharing your early flowers you have there as we are still in dead winter. I will have to go investigate our snow-drop patches to see what is happening with ours. I so love your white furniture and pastel crockery and flowers. And I'm especially in awe of your new quilt with the geese in flight edging!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

butterfly said...

What a beautiful post , everything I love that's pretty .

My love for flowers and stitching is always front of my mind each day,
so just love your blog


Love those tulips , snowdrops and flowers.

I have a few books and mags with your lovely work in there.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely, your flowers make me smile.

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful pics - especially of all the lovely flowers. Time for me to buy some at the grocery store and bring some 'spring' into our home :)! Your weather is more like the southern part of BC in Canada. Here - we are still 'looking forward' to 2-3 months of Winter. Today - the car doors were frozen shut - with the car alarm sounding - picture this at 6:00am with a still sleeping neighborhood. But.....all eventually worked out. The joys of super frosty mornings!

debbie bryant said...

I love all the white and pastel colors... Beautiful.

Lorrie said...

Flowers do brighten up January, an often drab month, although I find February more difficult. Stitching and creating are wonderful ways to fill these wintry days. Your quilt is going to be another lovely piece!

Mickie said...

Helen,
Thank you for bringing a little spring to a winter day with your patchwork flowers quilt and lovely fresh flowers. The sweet snowdrops always make me feel as if spring is not too far off. I love your Greengate jugs, and wish I could find them here.
I am working on some lined drawstring bags and my knitted and felted tote bags, along with many quilts in progress. I think I have too many irons in the fire and have more projects in the wind.:)
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Pat's Patch said...

Such a beautiful flowery post, all of garden,pots, and crafty kind. Lovely to know that Spring is getting nearer. Thankyou Helen enjoy your flowers and have a lovely week.xoxo