Monday 13 August 2018

Seaside Days

 Hello dear readers here i am back again after what seems like a very long break.....
 .............and i am bringing with me lots of blue sea and sky pictures from our trip to the sunny isle of anglesey where my husband was sailing in the menai straits regatta......he took the photo above on the boat moorings as they were all getting ready for the days racing....
 ..............and here's a boat that didn't actually sail off into the blue but looked so pretty at the approach to beaumaris town, filled with flowers and decked with bunting..........
 ................i still love seeing these coloured houses as soon as you turn onto the beaumaris approach road....it gives me the same kind of pleasure that children get when they first spot the sea :)....
 ............i took this new quilt with me to photograph....it is called penmon point after one of my favourite places..............
 ...........and we photographed it at penmon point with its pebbles, rockpools and lighthouse...
 ............it was fun to take the pictures as it was very windy so mr p had to work quite hard as quilt holder and in the end we arranged it on this lovely grey stone wall, weighted with beautiful grey pebbles so it didn't fly away......
 ..........and afterwards we had some delicious tea and cake at the café there, where the garden was warm and sunny and more sheltered than the beach..........
 ...........the sunshine, the blue sky and blue sea were so uplifting this year......we usually have a sunny day or even a few but this time it was sooo blue and beautiful most of the time...my husband really enjoyed the sailing....
 ..........of course i took a little bundle of crafty things with me....and here is the kaleidoscope quilt being joined together..........am also knitting some blue stripy socks but haven't taken their picture yet....
 ............more seaside blues below.....the boat is a hilbre which is the kind my hubby sails....they sail at home on our own bit of north west coast most weekends in the summer in a series of races, and then the boats go round the coast to angelsey for the regatta....so lots of people from home are there which is rather nice and friendly :)....
 ..............love all those pretty little painted cottages and the strings of lights.......
...........and i love this picture even though it is so simple....it captures for me the peace and tranquillity of the coast, with a white seabird flying high against the translucent blue sky..........

.......thank you for dropping in to see me here dear readers and for the lovely comments you take the time to leave me.......i hope you are enjoying a happy august and finding plenty of crafty inspiration all around you.......have a lovely week..............back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 comments:

Jacky H said...

You visit some really pretty place. I love how you photograph your quilts outdoors it really sets them off. I can see you've had a fabulous break. Thank you for sharing.

Mickie said...

Helen,
Oh my goodness, you are so fortunate to live close to so many beautiful places to visit. I love seeing all the villages with their quaint cottages and the beautiful seashores. The blue and white sky is just the perfect atmosphere to introduce your lovely new quilt.
Thank you for sharing such a peaceful looking piece of the world.
Mickie, Indiana USA

greenrabbitdesigns said...

It all sounds perfect Helen .. so glad you and Mr P had a fabulous time!
Your beautiful blue images are certainly good for the soul and I agree the last pic just captures the coast. :)
Your kaleidoscope quilt is going to be stunning!! ❤️ 💙
Have a lovely week,
V x

busybusybeejay said...

Beaumaris is one of my favourite places.Did you visit the Janet Bell gallery?

lilac and old roses said...

Lovely photographs of places I know so well. Anglesey is my favourite place, we are off to Moelfre for a week at the end of the month. Glad you had a good time x

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

The blues and whites and birds and sky are so uplifting.. I can almost hear the gulls and the waves lapping on the rocks. What a beautiful place to display and photograph your quilt! I feel the Oregon coast calling me... especially now that I've seen your beautiful sea photos! xoxox Marilyn

Elizabeth said...

Love your blog and all your creativity. You take wonderful photos and I LOVE all the colours and fabrics you use. Can't wait to hear and see more about your socks.....

Jane said...

Welcome home Helen, what lovely photos..you obviously had such a super break. I so love blue and what is better than a blue sky? Your new quilt looks beautiful. Have a lovely week, hugs xxx

Rhona said...

Seaside blues are the best! Seems like you had a wonderful break and your quilt is, as always, gorgeous.

Teresa Kasner said...

Welcome back, Helen! I always love your posts after your trip to the coast and your husband's sailing racing exploits. Perfect quilt to use the coast for a backdrop, it's beautiful! And I love those colorful attached homes. What a place to live.. lucky people! That pinwheel quilt is going to be spectacular!! Did your husband win his race? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jo said...

Happy Summer Helen, a very nautical post. Your new quilt is going to be fabulous. Jo x

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The colors of the sea...there's nothing more beautiful! I'm glad you had a good time! Hugs!

Pam said...

Hi Helen I love it too.i was there for 3 days with my sister. Her husband sails every day.penmon is fab xxx

Crafty in the Med said...

Those seaside blues are incredible and so much light too! The contrast of your new quilt against the pebbles and stone wall makes it look fabulous.

keep well

Amanda x

Gracie Saylor said...

So glad you had a lovely time at the sea and I admire your beautiful blue quilt! I was grateful to have a perfect afternoon at Cape Lookout on the Oregon coast a few weeks ago before the fog rolled in. My latest crafting project is crocheting a tiny tube of cotton thread to go over the earpiece of the phone headset a receptionist at church wears at work :-) xx