Monday 20 August 2018

August Making

 Hello dear readers....hope you are enjoying a happy august...it's certainly flying by....
 ...............here is my heartstrings quilt top finished and ready for quilting......i decided this was a quilt by hand one so here it is being pin basted..........
 ...........i love using curved basting pins instead of a needle and thread and ginormous tacking (basting) stitches like i used to do :).............
 ..........the pinning was completed and the quilting begun......love this stitchery very much and watching the texture develop.............
 ............besides quilting this week i've been doing some design work (secret for now) and organising my cupboards as i'm still de cluttering and will be for some time (!)......here is the vanilla cupboard which is pretty when filled with some favourite china pieces..............
 ..............and i've been gardening too getting ready for a new garden idea....more about this soon hopefully.....we still have the bunting up in the tree and it is still summer here though some days have been less so....
 ............something else i've been making are lots of tiny fish in lots of pretty fabrics.....
 ...........these are for a project....
 .............and i need a lot of them.......
 .............such fun sorting through my stash and scraps to make each one different.....no pattern yet, but there will be one :) .................
 ................when i was in beaumaris i did of course visit the gorgeous janet bell gallery......i stocked up on pretty cards like this one....
 ............this lovely one is from janet's painting called 'beaumaris pinks'............
.............and i'll leave you with some of my pink dahlias and sweet peas......all still growing here and giving me little bunches of joy every couple of days...........thank you for your visits here dear readers and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me...it is so nice to see these little notes from you and to catch up with old blogging friends.......i plan to come visiting much more too :)..........wishing you a wonderful week ahead with lots of happy crafty times.......back soon xxxx

14 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I'm in love with your vanilla cupboard Helen ... it is so pretty. 💗
Your quilt is amazing and I adore those little fish, I can't wait to see what they all become!! :)
My garden is still giving too although a lot of flowers are now over, I've been planting pansies and violas today!
Have a lovely week,
V x

Gracie Saylor said...

Hmmmm now where are those pretty fish going to swim? :-) The heartstrings quilt is a treasure already and your quilting will make it all the more so. I greatly admire Janet's work...such a pretty card you purchased! Wishing you a wonderful week as well, Helen! xx

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Your heartstrings quilt is beautiful as are your little fish, can’t wait to see what you do with them xx

Lorrie said...

You've created some lovely things during August. Your heartstrings quilt is perfectly charming. I look forward to seeing what those cute fish will become part of.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

What a joyous blog post! Everything is so pretty and bright and fun.... love the fishies and wonder where they'll be swimming??? I'm sure somewhere that we can't even imagine! Your flowers are still gorgeous.. ours are wavering as have such a hot dry summer.. no rain for about 2-1/2 months and even with tons of watering, everything is very stunted. I can come to your blog anytime I want and enjoy some wonderful bright and cheery flowers! I've been sewing alot lately so that is fun for me! Marilyn

Teresa Kasner said...

Your heart quilt is divine, Helen! I love that you are hand-quilting it. And the fish intrigue me.. and make me want to sew up a school of fish as well. I can visualize a rainbow trout.. :-) The pretty and fragrant bouquet is pretty in the vintage pitcher, too. You share so much beauty in your posts, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

I don't always understand the "stitching" language, but I do know that I love all of your pretty creations!

Yes, summer is going fast! I do love fall, so I can count on another few months of happiness! I hope you do as well!

Jane x

Gabri millecrocette said...

Your post are always a pleasure...beautiful colors and things...your quil with hearts...your little fishes...everywhere light and flowers...really beautiful garden too!!
Happy end of August...love

Pat's Patch said...

Dear Helen, your heartstrings quilt is beautiful. What fun those little pretty fishes. Lovely garden flowers and card, summmer'still here. Happy week xxx

Rhona said...

Your heartstrings quilt is beautiful, Helen, and I can imagine the hand quilting it will be a labour of love but so pretty when finished. Looks like there are so many pretties in your vanilla cupboard that are perfect props for your stitching photos :) Looking forward to seeing what you do with those cute little fish - I made a fishing game with some that were similar to yours :)
Happy crafting!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Oh what a pretty post! I love the heartstrings quilt! And the little fish are adorable!

Jacky H said...

Your blog is such a lovely place to be. I love your quilt it's so sweet. Can't wait to see what your secret project is.
Your garden must be a riot of colour.
Thank you for sharing.

L'atelier de Rosa said...

Me encanta, te sigo desde ya.
Te invito a que visites mi blog y si te gusta lo que ves te quedes.

Mickie said...

Helen,
Your heartstrings quilt has become another work of art, but my favorite in this post is the sweet four patch quilt shown in the first picture. It is so fresh and crisp looking with the alternating white blocks.
Your hydrangeas are just beautiful! Most of the flowers I have in pots are just about done, but those in the ground are still trying their best to put on a colorful show. My dahlias are finally blooming and add a bright spot to their little corner of the garden.
I am looking forward to seeing the project you have planned with the tiny fish.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA