Monday 19 February 2018

Bright Hearts

 Happy new week everyone............here are some more hearts :)......
 ..............these little hearts were made using scraps of some of my favourite pink and red fabrics...
 ................here they are on a pip studio plate, ready to be tied onto pink and white baker's twine....
 ............the alstroemeria flowers have been blooming here for at least two weeks....i also had some beautifully pretty valentine's flowers which i will show another time as these brights matched today's psot :)....
 ...........lots of daffs too....here is the rainbow sock as a work in progress.....in a moment i'll show you them both finished!...........
 ...............loving all the cheery flowers.............perfect to brighten up grey winter days and feel like spring......
 .................it even makes me want to tidy up and clear out the cupboards (again!).........
 ............i love the vase below especially as it was a present from my mum ........
 ...........finished rainbow socks..........
 .............lovely yarn by west yorkshire spinners in the colour called rum paradise.....
 ............this weekend we had family to stay...it was wonderful to spend time with both daughters and their families....playing with the grandchildren, reading to the toddler and cuddling the baby......
 ..............we had a birthday celebration meal out and a birthday breakfast for my son in law chris .....happy times x ..................
..................the quilts were in use this weekend...do you remember this one? (the farmer's wife sampler quilt).............
....thank you for dropping in here to visit me dear readers and for your kind comments......wishing you a bright and happy heart this week and plenty of crafty inspiration..........back soon xxxxxxxxxx

21 comments:

Mickie said...

Helen,
I do not know where to begin. Each and every picture has a winner. Love the striped socks, and of course the farmer's wife quilt. Must say the vase from your mum is something special and so sweet.
I can't believe temps will be in the 60s here today and tomorrow, and bulbs are beginning to pop up.
Have a wonderful week and thank you for sharing.
Mickie Indiana, USA

Jacky H said...

Wow Helen
Your blog is more vibrant than usual.
Which is a bonus on a very grey Monday. Your farmer's wife quilt is stunning. Mine is a slow work in process. It's always nice having family to stay especially the little ones.

KC'sCourt! said...

Love those socks, think I will seek the wool out it will make my grandchildren lovely jumpers. I especially love the hearts, the top picture when I first looked at it I thought you had made some 3D hearts and stitched them onto fabric in an embroidery ring

Julie xxxxxxxx

Ali said...

Gorgeous I really love the socks :-) xx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Sp glad you had a lovely family weekend!! :)
Your socks are looking lovely Helen and I love all your pretty hearts.
I buy alstroemeria all the time for my dining room table....they last for about three weeks, such good value for money flowers.
Happy new week,
V x

Elderberry-Rob said...

the socks are fun, your posts are always so colourful and refreshing.

Teresa Kasner said...

I enjoyed hearing about your family visit, the little ones and baby cuddling. Enjoy this time with them as they grow at rocket speeds. Our two grandsons are almost as big as us now and they're only 8 and 9! Loved all your pretty colored crafty endeavors. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jane said...

Lots of lovely hearts and flowers... and socks here today Helen. Glad you were all able to get together, family occasions are so enjoyable. How lovely that even your gorgeous quilt was in use. Happy new week xx

E Strea Chikitu said...

I love that alstroemeria!!

And the hearts

And the socks

:-)

Kate said...

Everything is so beautiful and those socks really caught my eye!!

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for another lovely post, Helen. You continue to inspire me as I admire your beautiful crafting. I enjoyed crocheting some hearts to give away last week and hope to get more crafting done in the days ahead.
Wishing you beautiful days. xx

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

It's all so beautiful and bright and cheery! We've had a little sunshine today so that helped brighten things up. Those flowers are so pretty and love the colors in them.. hum.m.m. purples and yellows in a quilt? sounds interesting.... and grands and family.. always a wonderful combination! Cheers to a good week ahead... we're in for some super cold temperatures the next fews nights.. down close to zero. Time to wrap up! Marilyn

handmade by amalia said...

I enjoyed this cheerful post, Helen. And I always enjoy the pretty fabrics you choose.
Amalia
xo

Little Quiltsong said...

So much beauty! Loving all the flower pictures and cute vases - so unique. Your pretty hearts and rainbow socks sure brighten the day. We have lots of rain and wind today, but it is chasing the snow away :)!

Pat's Patch said...

Dear Helen, what a beautiful uplifting post - so much to see.the farmers wife quilt is stunning, cheery hearts aplenty - love them all, and your special vase from your Mum, with bright flowers. Your rainbow socks will always make a smile. Lovely happy family birthday celebrations. Thank you for sharing your treasures. Love Pat XXX

Carol said...

I just love the colors you use--they always make me smile :)

Lorrie said...

Your post is full of such lovely bright colour! Daffodils are slowly blooming here, too, although we've been plunged into a bit of a deep freeze this week.
Time spent with little ones is always special. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Hartslove said...

The soft stuffed fabric hearts caught my eye--always love those. I have a bouquet of sunny alstroemeria too, from Valentine's Day. Your quilt is beautiful, and I love the pip studio plate! I have one like it with cherries in the center. It is nice to read about your enjoyable times with your family. Kindly, Alexine in Maryland

Rhona said...

Love the hearts you made and the socks are wonderful! The vase from your mum is really pretty.

Joan said...

Love the haerts !and the colour socks so nice ...Greetings<Joan

Jo said...

I love those socks. I am making a cable pair at the moment and fixing a 50 year old crochet blanket for a friend. Have a good week. I only have 21 more blocks to go on my double bed quilt. Your fabrics have made it pop! Jo x