Monday 20 November 2017

November Stitching

Happy new week everyone................here are some of my november makes......(though some of my latest makes are for future magazine publication so they have to be top secret for now! )......the ones here are made for our home....
 ..............besides using some of my favourites from previous tilda collections for my cushions, there are some gorgeous new tilda cottage fabrics in my sewing room this week too.......and i am making some little houses from the pattern in my book 'pretty patchwork gifts'..............
 .........so pretty and the colours are just right for a festive feel..............
 ............lovely little charm pack which will make lots of little houses and christmas decorations.......you can find the new tilda fabrics at sew and so.......
 ...............the one below is one of my favourites............
 ............love the reds and blues..........
 ................this is the first little house i made...........the white pom poms were just what i needed for the wintry festive trim.......
 ...........here's another little house, made from the smaller pattern...........there are more in progress....
 ..........i've also been busy knitting, making little hats for sweet new baby louis......i can't believe it is ten years since our first grandbaby charlie was born and i was knitting little hats for him......he had his tenth birthday at the end of october........such a lovely boy... i really enjoy spending time with him.....
 ............although i am thinking about christmas i'm not putting up any decorations until december arrives...it is my husband's birthday at the end of november and it doesn't feel right to start focussing on christmas things until after that.....but i am gathering things together....
 .................one more picture of the latest cushion as a work in progress with a favourite cup of tea....
 ..............and in my cosy studio with the fire lit............
............thank you for dropping in here to my crafty blog space dear readers......thank you for the lovely comments you leave.........wishing you a wonderful week ahead with cosy times and crafty inspirations..................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 comments:

Jacky H said...

I love your little houses there so sweet. They would make lovely Christmas presents for crafty friends. I love your choice of fabrics as usual.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your little houses are delightful Helen and I love your new fabric, the blue is especially lovely!
I think one of the loveliest things to knit is a baby hat...so cute. I can't believe Charlie is ten now...where does time go!
Its all looking very cosy in your studio.....enjoy! :)
V x

Anonymous said...

Helen,
Such sweet little houses and the bunting above your cozy fire is so festive. Tilda fabrics are always a perfect choice for any project. Looking forward to seeing what you make with them. Your knitting is so perfect and I am sure the little hat will be cute on little Louis.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Gracie Saylor said...

Dear Helen, I have just enjoyed catching up on your last posts and appreciate your always inspiring crafting! Thanks so much for sharing. I have my little stove on often these days, too. Wishing you cozy, creative, loving days. xx

Rhona said...

Your little houses are so cute and that new fabric is fabulous too!

Jo said...

Beautiful makes as ever Helen, I love your colour palette it is so soothing. Jo x

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Love it all Helen! I'm so smitten with the little houses! I bought your books and am so thrilled to have them so I can make your darling sweet things! As always, loved your post. I'm not putting out anything for Christmas either until after Dec. 1st!

Lorrie said...

Your little houses are so cute. I have some precious Tilda Cottage fabric upstairs just waiting for the perfect project. Such pretty prints.
Like you, I wait until December, or at least the first Sunday in Advent, to decorate. But, also like you, I'm thinking...

Pat's Patch said...

Love your beautiful appliqued quilted cushions.your little pixie houses are a delight. I also have a Nov.birthday and wait unti Dec.to trim up. love the little stag.love pat xxx

Simone said...

Such a sweet little dolly with her knitted dress Helen! x

Jane said...

Such beautiful colours and designs Helen. How amazing that Charlie will be 10...where do those years go? Have a lovely week, hugs xxx

Cream Linen said...

The little houses are so pretty!I love Tilda fabrics!
You are so lucky to have such a lovely family and especially your little ones.
My love,Tina xxx

Bee Lady said...

I just love the colors you use. I bet your house is so happy looking!

Cindy

marmarel said...

Lovely pics and colors! Greetings from Marijke

handmade by amalia said...

Beautiful makes, as always, Helen. I love the colors.
Amalia
xo