Monday 13 November 2017

Cosy Times

 One of my latest cosy makes is this squashy quilted cushion, made with some of my favourite scraps and some of my treasured tilda yardage too..............i love these soft warm shades.........
 .............the cushion looks nice with the cabbages and roses duvet cover and pillows......
 ..............and with ruby rabbit too :)..............
 .............ruby is here again wearing her winter woollies and keeping cosy............
 ...........some of the last flowers in our garden....this is a bunch of cosmos that i grew from seed and they have flowered wonderfully for months but are finally getting near the end now......
 ..............now is the time to cosy up and sew some gifts like this little bear who is in my book *modern vintage gifts*................
 ...............i love making these quilted cushions and have another one being worked on now with even more embellishment and quilting....lovely to sew on cosy evenings..........
 ..............a mug of lemon and ginger tea to accompany a bit of sewing........
 ..............red and white stripes......one of my favourite things :)...........
 ............along with red berries against a blue sky...........most weekends mr p and i have a nice walk or two with molly the dog........i am looking for berries to photograph at the moment, they look so pretty...
 ..................this was the sea view near our house yesterday.............it was sunny but there was a very chilly breeze.....we need our winter woollies on now.......
 .................one more view of ruby and the little bear.......and one more view of the cosy bedroom....time to get on with my new work projects now.....i had a bit of a break from designing commissions last month when i helped with looking after our grandchildren and doing other family things....but now i am back in my workroom and getting on with projects for 2018 (!)...........
...............thank you so much for dropping by dear readers and for your sweet comments......it is lovely to hear from you and i do appreciate you taking time to write a little note to me...i know some of you had difficulty leaving comments last week so i hope the comment box works ok this time :).......wishing you a wonderful week with cosy happy crafty times....back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

16 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Love the cushion and Ruby rabbit. Red is one of my favourite colours

Julie xx

Little Quiltsong said...

Your pillow and Ruby and little bear are so sweet! Lemon and Ginger Tea is a favorite of mine! Beautiful pics!!

Deb said...

So cosy looking! Love Ruby and her winter clothes.

Kate said...

Ruby Rabbit and Little Bear are lovely companions. :)

Anonymous said...

Rabbit and bear are a tonic for these times of ours. Thank you. Natalie

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a pretty cushion Helen and Ruby and little bear look very cosy indeed!!
Your sea view is beautiful, certainly good encouragement to go out for a walk on these very chilly days.
Have a great week,
V x

Elizabethd said...

I loe your Cabbages and Roses cover, their fabrics are lovely. So is Ruby!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I've always loved red matched up with this grayish-blue color. And I absolutely always love everything you make!
Brenda

Elderberry-Rob said...

Ruby looks snug in woollies. I didn't know you lived by the sea - you have a stunning picture there.

Jacky H said...

How lovely and cosy everything looks the colours are so warming. Love Ruby and the teddy they look ready for anything.

Mickie said...

Helen,
Ruby and Little Bear are another sweet addition to your cozy makes, and I love the new cushion. It is perfect with the cabbages and roses duvet cover. I love everything red and white. I envy the fact that you live so close to the sea and have that amazing view anytime you feel like taking a little walk. That would be so wonderful!
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Jennifer Hays said...

I think that's one of the prettiest bedding schemes I've ever seen, Helen! It's the coziest and sweetest. I love the red roses, they bring such a bright touch on the white. Hope you're having a good week so far. :)

sew said...

I think we all need a dress like Ruby's!
I'm thinking of tackling some crocheted fingerless mittens/wrist warmers today.
Always look forward to seeing what you're making - lovely colours every time.

Teresa Kasner said...

I love the new squishy cushion! And the little bear on bunny's lap.. sweet as pie. How close to the sea is your house? I would so love to live that close. Our closest beach is 2 hours away, the Pacific Ocean, here in Oregon USA. Now I want a striped candle! Enjoy your studio time.. I know you will. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Lorrie said...

Your new cushion is so pretty, as well as being cozy. Ruby is a darling creature and adds spunk to every photo. Happy November days to you.

Pom Pom said...

WHAT a cute bunny! I love her outfit!
I sewed! I made a pillow for our bed. Now to sew the clothes.