Monday 18 September 2017

Autumn Days

 Hello again everyone.....here i am on a very autumnal day in the uk.......all the trees are turning into their autumn colours and there is a golden misty feel to the air............
 ............i have made a new red rosy pumpkin this weekend to add to my fabric pumpkin collection made in previous years (the easy pattern is in my book modern vintage gifts)........
 ..........i've also been sorting out my red and white patchwork quilts and cushions ready for the new season............
 ...............and painting this cupboard which came from my husband's family home and has been at his aunt's flat for a few years......now it has arrived here and i painted it in farrow and ball wimborne white...........it is going to be so useful for storage and brings back happy memories for us...........
 ..............some of my red and white collection....hope to keep adding more over the coming season....
 .............and here are the garden party girls..........twin bunnies dressed in liberty betsy fabrics and wearing knitted cardies to keep them cosy.........they are my project in the september issue of.......
 .............the beautiful and inspiring australian homespun magazine...............
 ..............the magazine is available in shops throughout australia and digitally on zinio, google play and apple newsstand...........i love a nice new inspiring magazine to read with a hot cup of tea........x
 ...............i love reading books too especially at this cosy time of year........
 ..............some pictures of this weekend's walk.............the common a few minutes from our house is covered with soft purple heather at the moment............and there are bright fruits and berries on the trees and bushes...........
 .................the dahlias below came from the greengrocer's shop.......they were locally grown.....someday i will have lots of dahlias in my garden too...........these flowers make me think of fireworks................
 ...............looking forward to finishing off some works in progress this week......a crochet blanket, some work design projects and getting lots of quilt blocks made.......plenty to keep me busy on these autumn days.............
................thank you for dropping by lovely readers and for taking the time to leave me kind comments.............wishing you happy days with lots of crafty inspirations.............back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the red and white, what a great idea to sew in those colors during the upcoming seasons. I'll make a trip to the fabric store and get started. I'd love to know what you're reading, always looking for more good books to read.

Mary

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh it's looking very cosy at your house Helen!! Love all the pretty pumpkins and patchwork and of course the cute bunnies.
Those dahlia's are so pretty!
Strangely we have had a beautiful day here much nicer than some of our summer days!!
Have a lovely week,
V x

Simone said...

I love all the red and white and the two bunnies with their liberty print dresses and knitted cardies! x

Anonymous said...

Love everything! Natalie

Betty said...

I agree with everyone, I love the red and white Pillows So pretty and the red pumpkin is so cute too.

Anonymous said...

Your blog with the photos of your lovely projects and nature is a cheery respite in my day. GailTF

A Joyful Cottage said...

What a lovely post, Helen. The dahlias are exquisite, and a perfect complement to the colors in the photo below them. The newly painted cupboard is charming, especially with all the red and white. Love the garden party girls. xo

Cindy said...

Love all the red and white! I had made a red and white irish chain quilt and my sister-in-law loved it so much I gave it to her! Have a good week and enjoy your fall weather!

Blondie's Journal said...

I would so enjoy a walk with you. So beautiful.

I'm in love with your bunnies and pumpkins. I am smiling!!!

Happy fall to you, Helen. Everything is changing quite fast here as well!

Jane x

Teresa Kasner said...

From the bottom up I love the cute little Airedale doggie pull toy.. what a great poser he is on your stack of quilts! And those gorgeous Dahlias fit right into your color palette of pure white and brilliant pinks. I'm in love with your two bunnies with the soft looking sweaters. I would so love to have one like that. I also like your colorful pumpkin.. I've put out three of my crocheted ones so far. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

crazydazy said...

What an inspirational post. My favourite has to be your two bunnies dressed in Liberty fabric.

Mickie said...

Helen,
Love the red and white. I have been collecting red and white fabrics for a white, thinking of making a churn dash pattern quilt. As always folded stacks of your beautiful quilts make me smile and their little sentinel makes it even sweeter.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Books and magazines 'tis the season, lovely way to think of autumn. I love the rosy pumpkin!

Lorrie said...

A cup of tea with a new magazine is a delightful prospect. It's the time of year for coziness and your photos show the concept well. The pumpkin is such a cheerful thing. Happy Almost Autumn!

Jacky H said...

I love your pumpkins they give a real sense of autumn on its way.
Your red quilts are so fresh looking.

Jane said...

Beautiful red and white Helen...which also easily morphs into Christmas designs. Yes autumn is virtually here and the country side is looking ripe and golden. Your photos are delightful. Keep cozy and enjoy Mother Nature's spectacle xxx

Rhona said...

The red and white quilts are lovely....always such a fresh colour combination. Love your bunnies....mine sits at my desk here, keeping me company :)

Pom Pom said...

I'm off to buy Homespun! How fun! Thank you for the tip!

Sam I Am...... said...

Love your little pumpkins....so precious! I'm definitely going to get that magazine. I can get it on my tablet and then I can make those darling bunnies with the sweaters one...too cute!!! What are the books you're reading. I love to read any time of year but fall and winter are so wonderful to curl up under a nice blanket and read in front of the fire....my perfect setting! Enjoy your books and your autumn.

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations Helen -- those little bunnies are adorable. And, of course, I'm partial to Liberty, so perfect choice for their cute little dresses. I'd like to grow Dahlias too -- although, I'm a little scared of the fact that you have to bring them in every winter ;-D.