Monday 20 February 2017

Summer Stars Quilt

 There is a new quilt to show you here today....the summer stars quilt that i began last summer is finally finished and i am very happy with it :)............it is made with the beautiful colourful strawberry biscuit fabric collection designed by elea lutz for penny rose fabrics.......
 ................here it is on the spare room bed (paired with a painting by janet bell called 'st ives deckchairs'........one of my favourites)................
 .............i bought the bundle of fat quarters of strawberry biscuit fabric from the fat quarter shop as soon as i spied them and first made some smaller projects.............then i decided to make a big star using the patchwork cheater print for the centre........
 ...............this grew into many more stars and i ordered more fabric for the centres, this time from pretty fabrics and trims.............i used kona cotton in white to join the blocks together..........love that fresh look.....
 ................this is a big quilt for me as i usually make much smaller projects.......luckily i could send it to my wonderful quilter who longarm machine quilted it for me........i asked for a swirly curly pattern and that is exactly what she did :)................i love the effect of the quilting on the plain white areas as well as the coloured ones..............and we used plain white on the back too......
 .................here it is hanging on the bed rail...............and below is a crumpled quilt shot....i do love those...
 ..............just one more.......
 ..............and a folded one as well........
 ..............this quilt has brought a lot of summer brightness to our house this week.......very cheery to look at and i will enjoy using this on the bed....or just looking at it......
 .............it has been a big project and i feel so happy to see it completed........still quite a lot of other works in progress to get on with in my sewing room at the moment too ;)............
 ...............how many works-in-progress is too many i wonder?...............maybe better not to count them all up but keep it a bit vague........below are some of my little vintage sewing notions and last week's sweet valentine's flowers...........
 ...............lovely bright colours especially the tulips and anemones.........and delicious scented pure white hyacinths...............this week the weather is warming up and the garden is calling for some weeding to be done............
.................thank you for visiting me here lovely readers and for your kind comments which are always a treat to read...............wishing you all a happy week ahead with flowers, sunshine and plenty of crafty inspirations...................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

35 comments:

Fiona said...

Your quilt is really lovely and makes me think of spring which is just around the corner. Have a good week Helen x

Christine B said...

What an absolutely delightful quilt and the quilting is just perfect to set it all off! A beautiful start to the week.... thank you Helen! Christine x

sweetbriardreams said...

This quilt is so beautifully fresh, just like the onset of spring! A lovely start to the week, especially with the accompanying temperatures rising here. Take care. Chel x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh wow Helen, there really aren't enough adjectives to describe your beautiful quilt., it really is stunning and as you say so fresh.
The quilting is amazing.... I love all it's poses too! :)
I had hoped to get into the garden for tidy up today as it is so much milder but unfortunately rain stopped play!!
Have a good week,
V x

KC'sCourt! said...

Gorgeous quilt.

Julie xxxxxx

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What a beautiful quilt, Helen...it's stunning! And I love the charming pattern for the quilting, too!

Teje said...

It's gorgeus quilt, Helen! So lightful but still colourful fabrics! Stars are always stars! x Teje

Connie said...

Oh I love your gorgeous quilt so much! Everything you touch turns out beautifully and I always always love your fabric choices!!! Before I begin reading your posts I always know that I'm going to see more of these lovely creations! xo

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely start quilt
The fabrics are perfect.

Mickie said...

Helen,
Such a fresh, happy quilt! I love a white background with most fabric choices, gives a crisp and fresh look. So pretty, Helen. And your spring flower bouquet is so sweet.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana, USA

Evelyne said...

Wow I'm really love this quilt the bright colour are a little bit spring!
I do love star quilt very much, particularly in your colour choice.

Have a nice and creative week Helen.
Hugs,
Evelyne

Art and Sand said...

Another rainy day here so I will begin sewing squares together for a simple patchwork quilt. But, my colors aren't as vibrant as yours.

angelasweby said...

What a pretty quilt. Full of the joys of Spring. I love the swirly quilting. It gives it such texture, no wonder you wanted to crumble it :-)
I always love to see your cut flowers. They brighten up even the dullest day.

PamKittyMorning said...

Love this with the patchwork print center! Everything you make is lovely!

Jacky H said...

Love the quilt the stars really work well. I didn't know how many different types of stars there is to quilt. I love reading your blog on a monday it sets me up for the week. I especially love the flowers as well, so cheery on a grey monday.
Have a lovely week Helen.

Simone said...

The white against the colours in the quilt is striking! I like the swirly quilting and the added interest and texture it brings! x

Susan said...

I love your quilt!! Such a wonderful idea to use the cheater print. I've admired that fabric collection for awhile, and now I am even more tempted. Your flowers are gorgeous too, and I covet your quilt ladder. :-)

Teresa Kasner said...

You Summer Star quilt is absolutely magical.. the colors are so pleasing and happy. I am sure your little grandchildren will love sleeping under it when they come to visit. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Unknown said...

Lovely colors indeed. Well done!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I love all the rich colors!
Brenda

Jane said...

Wow Helen, how beautifully your quilt turned out. It's stunning. It's been so mild today, hope you got to enjoy the garden. Have a great week xxx

Anonymous said...

wow Helen your quilt is amazing,love the colours and the quilting,well done on your beautiful finish.

handmade by amalia said...

Perfect for a cool spring evening.
Amalia
xo

crazydazy said...

A beautiful quilt...the white background really sets the fabrics off. Such lovely photos of it too.

Little Quiltsong said...

This is beautiful! Love all of the soft fabrics you used with the white background!!

Bee Lady said...

I love this quilt! It would be so pretty on my porch!!! I love the way you have a color theme, and you stick to it. When I see certain colors together, I think of you.

Cindy

Lee said...

Oh WOW.What a Stunning Quilt and the colours are so fresh and pretty Love it.Happy Week.xx

Elderberry-Rob said...

Beautiful colours as always, I like the swirly pattern on the quilting, it looks fresh and crisp.

marmarel said...

Beautiful quilt, I love the fabrics you used! I either have too many projects to count on...
Greetings from Marijke

Pom Pom said...

Wow! I love the soft and pretty look of your latest quilt! Gorgeous!

Pat's Patch said...

Your beautiful star quilt looks really lovely on the bed. Gorgeous flowers XXX

Susan Freeman said...

Gorgeous!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

karen said...

Your quilt is beautiful Helen, can I ask what sewing machine you use?

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful Helen! I've always loved that scrappy star pattern, and how clever of you to use a cheater print -- what a time-saver. I laughed at the concept of keeping your project count vague -- I've always subscribed to that philosophy -- I don't want to know how many projects are lurking in the sewing room LOL!

Gabri millecrocette said...

I love very much your quilt and also your spring flowers!!Have happy week