Monday 13 February 2017

Hearts and Flowers

 Happy valentine's week everyone ...........here is the happy scrappy hearts mini quilt all finished, bound and quilted that i showed you as a work in progress a couple of posts ago.....
 ............i wanted to make a mini heart quilt to hang on the wall..........
 ..............but it also fits nicely on the little doll bed too............
 ...............i quilted this little design by stitching in the ditch and around each heart shape.......
 ................the effect is very cheerful and i am very tempted to make a much larger version with many more happy scrappy hearts...........
 ................here is bea the garden bunny helping model the mini quilt..........
 ..............the backing fabric is a very pretty one from pam kitty morning.............
 ..............a few more hearts........some of my much loved blocks from chipper nelly............
 ................the little quilt rolled up in a basket with the 'make' heart which was originally a magazine commission.................lots of lovely bright tulips here this week too...............
 ................this is my hearts and flowers cushion from my book pretty patchwork gifts........some of you may remember it and i know that some of you have actually made it too :)...............
 .............this week i have lots of works in progress keeping me busy...quilts, cross stitch, paper crafting to name just a few.......i love all these crafts and it is fun to have a variety of things to work on and to keep interested in...............the sun is out today after a very grey and gloomy weekend..........lots of snowdrops are flowering and the garden tulips have grown another couple of inches since i last looked :)............
.................thank you for visiting me here dear readers........it is always a pleasure to hear from you......wishing you a happy week ahead with plenty of sunshine and crafty inspiration........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxx

32 comments:

Christine B said...

What a beautiful, sunshiny post Helen! Love your beautiful new heart mini.... I made a quilt very similar many years ago but in darker colours.... I wonder whatever happened to it! Glad you have some sunshine and I wish you a wonderful week! Christine x

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Happy Valentine's Day week dear Helen! Thank you for this pretty ❤post! What a brilliant display of all things heartfelt! I know where to go for inspiration and beauty! xoxoRobin

Cindy said...

I love that little mini quilt! It is so cute and now I want to make one too. Thanks for the happy heart post!

Unknown said...

Oh Helen the mini hearts quilt is delightful! I love it hanging on the wall but also on the little bed, so sweet. I'm going to try to subscribe to the magazine you seem to commission with so much - wish I knew how to make the patchwork heart.
Hugs ~ Mary

KC'sCourt! said...

What a lovely post

Julie xxxxxx

Connie said...

The photos are full of sheer delight -- so pretty and so sweet. I always love your work. :)

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Awe your little heart quilt is so beautiful and it looks so pretty on the little bed and Bea certainly looks very happy with it. :)
It's great having so many spring flowers to pick from now...sun is out here too but still very nippy.
Happy Valentines Day lovely Helen,
V x

Teje said...

Happy Valentine week, Helen! This little heart quilt is very sweet and so perfect for Bea Bunny! Everything looks so cute and cosy and tulips are my favourite flowers! I'm inspired of your heart pillow and would love to make one! x Teje

Jennifer Hays said...

Your little quilt is just perfect! I love all the pinks and reds together. And I recognized the pretty pillow right away from your lovely book which I am so proud to have. I hope you have a wonderful week, Helen!

handmade by amalia said...

I love the pretty mini-quilt, Helen. Happy valentine's Day.
Amalia
xo

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love all your hearts :) Happy Valentine's Day. I made a few Valentine cards and now it's time to think about Easter, my favorite holiday!
warmly,
deb

Jacky H said...

What a lovely blog to read as usual its my monday afternoon read with a cup of coffee. Your hearts are so delightful. I love your small quilt and hanging hearts. There really cheery especially when we have sunshine on a monday afternoon for a change.
Have a lovely week Helen

Ali said...

Love, love, love everything!! Have a great week xx

20 North Ora said...

Beautiful work as always! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Judy

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I used to sew these! Your entire blog is a feast for color lovers!
Brenda

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Everything you make just makes me smile, Helen...LOVE it all!

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

I LOVE your hearts Quilt. Your Home must be a joy to live in filled with your wonderful projects

Jane said...

Awww Helen how sweet is that darling heart quilt. Yes the bulbs are coming along well and the nights are getting lighter. Spring is just around the corner. Enjoy celebrating Valentine's day with Mr P. Hugs xxx

crazydazy said...

What a beautiful hearts quilt and a lovely cushion too. Happy Valentine's Day.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh so pretty Ms. Helen! I love the fun idea of rolling the little quilt up and putting it in a basket -- very clever. Beautiful photos -- as always!

Teresa Kasner said...

Hello dearest Helen.. oh how I adore your heart quilt! And you can use it so many ways! I wonder if it will end up with one of your precious grandchildren? :-)

❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ Happy Valentine's Day!!! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤

Gaby said...

So very nice ♥
Kindly regards from Gaby

Pat's Patch said...

Your little makes are so lovely Helen. So pretty and full of love.and your photos are a joy. Happy Valentine's XOX

Amy at love made my home said...

Your quilt is adorable! Happy valentines!

Lorrie said...

Hearts and flowers are always favourites of mine. Lovely photos, Helen. Spring is in the air! Happy Valentine's Day.

Art and Sand said...

Lovely hearts and flowers!

Jo said...

For the love of quilts, it is beautiful! Jo x

Simone said...

Your quilts always look so fresh and vibrant Helen. They work very well with tulips too! x

Connie said...

Hello Helen, My, my, my . . . everything about your posts are so pretty. They are filled will all my favorite things, polka dots, calico prints, patchwork, tulips, birdhouses, tea pots . . . all things bright and beautiful and your color choices Oh My :) Thank you for sharing :)

Drag Racer V3 said...

wow! it is so sweet stick-rpg2.com

alicetaylor said...

Very helpful advice in this particular post! It’s the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks for sharing!

http://word-cookies-answers.com