Friday 7 June 2024

June Days

Hello dear blog friends......it's been a little bit summery here over the past week and here is one of my favourite newish red, white and blue quilts with a summery vibe..........
.............this is my homestead quilt and the pattern for it is in my etsy shop link in sidebar....
............it was made with lots of scraps from my scrap basket and kept in order with white sashing between the large blocks..........it's a quilt full of memories........the backing is red and white gingham and as you can see the binding is a blue and white stripe...........
..........last year on my birthday i received a beautiful david austin rose from each of my dear daughters........this is the first one to flower again now....its called harlow carr 2008........the second rose is covered in buds and will be in flower soon........
.............below is some pink liberty fabric mixed with some pink low volume tilda fabrics for this pretty summery pincushion.....
............the pattern i used for this is my sweetheart pincushion pattern, in my etsy shop as before......
..........the word embroidered ribbon was bought on a roll from east of india.........
............some roses picked from our cottage garden this week...........so much scent and colour.......
..........and a few more pictures snapped around the garden.......patio plants look pretty singly in a bulb pot.....
...........and it's been a good year so far for foxgloves and lupins here........
.........me going out on snail patrol quite often  has definitely helped the lupins thrive :)......
...........off to do some more gardening now.....lots of grasses and weeds are thriving too after some heavy rain in the night so i have to keep busy out there......thank you for calling by and reading my post today and thank you so much to those who leave me a little note.........so much appreciated....... wishing you happy days, sunshine and flowers........take care lovelies..................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your birthday rose is stunning Helen, a birthday gift that keeps giving.
Gorgeous quilt as always and I love your sweet little heart pincushion.
Happy gardening my dear, I've got myself a beautiful new foxglove. :)
V x

butterfly said...

Wonderful Quilt, and the pink rose is beautiful.
We have so many beautiful roses . but I have not seen this one before I will look out for it, Maybe Hubby will but me this one for my Birthday this week ha, Enjoy your week hugs June.

Charmaine said...

Lovely blog, the picture of the David Austin rose touched my heart - My husband bought me the Gertrude Jekyll rose by David Austin after we visited the Gertrude Jekyll garden on Lindisfarne.