Friday 17 November 2023

Red and Green

Hello again lovely readers......it's a cosy late afternoon where i'm writing this on a computer here in my studio in my little corner of the uk.......the lights are on and dusk is falling outside.......we have lots of warm and cosy pictures to share today.....
......this is my christmas version of my vintage charm quilt.......
..........here are some close ups along with my new fabric toadstool..........
...........the quilt is made from different collections of fabric charm packs which i like to mix up together....i rarely work from just one fabric line........many of these prints are from moda and there is some lewis and irene and tilda fabric in there too.......as with all my charm quilts i added rose appliqués to the patchwork.....
..........next we have a little red and white postage stamp pincushion with a poppy button from hobby craft stores.........
...........the poppy buttons are nicely designed, and come in several sizes.......i used this little poppy pinnie to commemorate this year's remembrance day...........
.........here it is on a cosy quilt stack with a stripy candle and vintage spool.........
...........getting out the decorations i've made in previous years and making some new ones......
............green trees and red trees made from my fabric button trees pattern.......(all the patterns mentioned here can be found in my etsy shop link in sidebar).......
..........and this little green fabric bird decorated with beads and ribbon is another little festive make too.....
.........it's almost time to get out the festive china and heres my holly mug matching my charm quilt......
............thank you so much for dropping by to see me here dear readers and for your kind comments and messages..........wishing you happy cosy crafty times in the coming week...........take care lovelies.......peace and love.......................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

5 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Lovely festive pics Helen, I love your vintage charm quilts and your Christmas one is so pretty.
Just love that little pinnie too, the button is gorgeous, I must have a look next time I'm in Hobbycraft, can't resist a button. :)
The tree are gorgeous too!!
Happy cosy weekend my dear,
V x

Gail said...

You make the sweetest things. I love everything you make , always such beautiful fabrics.

butterfly said...

Love all your beautiful needle work .
Have a wonderful weekend hugs June.

Christine B said...

What a beautiful post Helen. I love your gorgeous Christmas charm quilt.... so pretty. Have a lovely week! Hugs Christine xx

Carla said...

I really like how you mixed the different lines of the fabric in the quilt. And the pincushions are adorable. Thanks for sharing.