Friday 11 November 2022

Festive Makings

Hello again dear readers.......thinking about festive stitching this week......now is the time to make some little projects like a christmas stocking perhaps......
......this is my red patchwork christmas stocking pattern made with vintage style scraps.....
.....especially nice with a little handmade creature peeking out of the top....this is my sugar mouse wearing a hand knitted toy's spring cardigan..........
.......also here is a little patchwork bird (a robin this time) with wooden wheels and a string with a rusty bell to make it into a pull along toy.......
.......a cute festive decoration to sit on top of old books or on a shelf......
.....next to vintage pottery and terracotta candle pots.......
......on the quilt cupboard in my studio..........
......another idea for gift making is a tiny tote bag, plain or patchwork, with a treat inside......
.......or a little dottie drawstring bag....so useful for keeping tiny items together or storing small treasures or toys.......all these patterns can be found as pdfs in my etsy shop link in sidebar........
......the weather is still mild here and autumn is looking lovely in the woods around us......still lots of leaves on the trees and golden bracken as well as red berries........i still love to walk through the crisp autumn leaves on the pavements too.......
..........the final picture here  is of poppies for today is remembrance day........lest we forget.......

 ..........thank you for visiting me here dear readers and for your very kind comments and messages......all so appreciated by me.......wishing you a happy week ahead with sunny days and crafty inspirations.......peace and love..................take care lovelies.................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The tote bag is lovely
Prayers for Veterans

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Lovely festive makes Helen ... the little bird is adorable and I can't resist a cute critter peeping out of a bag, especially one of your gorgeous bags! :)
The weather has been perfect for autumn walks.
Happy weekend my dear,
V x

Linda said...

Hi Helen! I'm in the mood for festive stitching too. Love, love, love that Christmas stocking! I've yet to make one. They look a bit intimidating. I love all the red in your posts. To me, red is a cozy color and reminds me of Christmas, but I enjoy it all around the house all year long. I think my favorite quilt color combination is red and white. They're always beautiful.

Lorrie said...

Hello, Helen. I'm getting in the mood for festive stitching, too, and your lovely makes are very inspiring. Love the bunny in the stocking.
Happy weekend!

Cathrines Kreative Hjørne said...

It's just lovely to see Your Christmas stockings, and I will try to make one or two for the little ones in the familiy! Have a nice and creative weekend!

Christine B said...

Lots of beautiful projects to make. Hope you had a wonderful weekend Helen xx

butterfly said...

Beautiful post, love all the goodies you have made, and some nice ideas.
Enjoy a lovely week, hugs June.