Friday 24 June 2022

Garden Days

Hello dear readers......this week has been full of sunny days and the scent of roses.....
..........each day i've been dead heading the roses and bringing a few indoors to enjoy.....also sitting in the garden enjoying the sweet scents, and sewing hearts for my new colourful vintage style heartstrings quilt (the original quilt pattern is in red white and blue and can be found in my etsy shop link in sidebar).....
........it's been wonderful drying weather for the washing.......below is the emma bridgewater tea towel that i just had to have especially because of the words on the fourth line up from the bottom........
........coffee in the garden.......cherry chains quilt....(pattern also in my etsy shop)......
.........when we were in wales we visited the beautiful historic house at plas newydd.......as it was temporarily shrouded in scaffolding i took this photo from a distance :).......
...........beautiful views of the hills all around and wonderful topiary shapes in the garden....
...........and nature's gardens - the hedgerows -  are full of gorgeous wild roses and honeysuckle......
..........back to our own garden again and below is one of our most prolific flowering roses, the kitftsgate rose which grows over the little arbour.......
.........candy pink rose in front of the potting shed.......
.........and a nice jugful in the sewing room........
.........sewing more hearts this evening as this new quilt slowly grows.........

 ...........thank you for visiting me here lovely readers and for your kind comments and messages....wishing you a wonderful sunny week ahead with flowers, happy times and crafty inspirations.......take care lovelies.........peace and love.........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

Lorrie said...

A visit here is always full of beauty and peace. Thank you for these lovely glimpses from your garden and studio.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Hearts are always smile makers.

Christine B said...

Love your new quilt Helen. The colours are exactly the colours I love. Such a pretty quilt. Glad you had such a lovely time in Wales. It's raining here tonight and I am pleased. The garden was really in need of a drink! Have a lovely weekend. Christine xx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh yes Helen, you definitely had to have that pretty tea towel ... and how gorgeous are all your new quilts!!
Such a lovely day out too and so many beautiful roses!
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

butterfly said...

A lovely post to look at to start my weekend ,I always look forward to your post.
Have a restful weekend, hugs June.

Little Quiltsong said...

So many lovely quilts in the garden pics - the quilts are beautiful - and your tea towel is a real treasure! So many pretty roses - love the soft shades of them. Enjoy your weekend, Helen!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Dear Helen, Your photos are beautiful. I am happy to see the old house at Plas Newydd. I would love to learn the history of that place. and the gardens are lovely. I wonder if they use electric shears to trim those bushes now. I love trimmed bushes.
Of course your quilts are adorable. I love the red chain quilt. I am making two large red chain quilts. Why two? I do not know. I had two ideas and decided to make two red chain quilts.
It is good.
As always, your gardens are beautiful I love those olden roses. And the honey suckle is so sweet.
I hope you are enjoying the perfect week-end.
We are ending our Saturday, at present, and I am watching a "western" on Netflix. It is 'just okay'
I went to see my 98 year old daddy today, and we went to the gym. He is in pretty good shape but needs a "spotter" for the bike and treadmill.
I hope your weather is great. Here it is getting too warm.

Jacky H said...

Hi Helen
Such lovely photos , I love you your red chain piece quilt with the hearts . I wonder do you quilt them by hand.
That is something I haven't
done yet.
Have a lovely week.
Jacky.