Friday 15 October 2021

Autumn Sewing

Hello everyone.....we're enjoying these autumn days very much and the colours are really inspiring me.....
........so here is a post showing some of my sewing.....this is an autumn version of my trip around the world cushion, made originally in soft lilac and red shades and white (pattern in my etsy shop link in sidebar) ......am loving it made in these warm autumn shades too....
..........and next is the autumn checkerboard quilt....a quick make using simple squares which is all about the colours and the textures.....
........this was hand quilted in the evenings when we stayed in the cotswolds so it will probably always remind me of being there......
.........the pumpkins came from last week's trip to the pumpkin fields......
.............texture and autumn colours........
............the quilt on the cottage garden white picket fence on a bright day......
............and below is my weekly quilt stack picture.....on the bench with a pumpkin.....because it's that time of year.....
............more pictures from my autumn week........chrysanths at the garden centre.......
............actually finding red spotted toadstools in the woods (hubby had already found them and took me back....but one was squashed by then and some were in the middle of gorse bushes!).....hubby took this pic and i love it.....
............on one of our local walks......bracken turning golden, leaves and berries against a beautiful blue sky......just loving autumn days as you can probably tell........lots more makes to show you soon.....
..........thank you for visiting me here dear readers and for the kind comments you leave me......wishing you happy autumn days and plenty of cosy crafty inspirations.......take care of yourselves lovelies........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

11 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The checkerboard quilt is gorgeous. The hand stitching pattern sets it off magnificently. Hapyy Autumn!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I love the fact that your gorgeous quilt will hold such lovely memories for you Helen!! Your autumn crafting colours are so beautiful.
I did find a pretty pink toadstool last weekend but alas no red spotty ones yet. :)
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

Lorrie said...

I love the pinky reds in your autumn colour palette. They are not too orange or rusty - colours I am not really drawn to. Happy Weekend, Helen.

Sara en Marie said...

I love the simple checkerboard quilt... I plan to do a pink one, just as soon as a million other projects are done 😄

Kay said...

Such pretty and restful colours.

butterfly said...

Great Autumn post , with lots of Autumn goodies thanks for sharing.

Little Quiltsong said...

Lovely, lovely pics again. Love your sweet pillow - and I have never seen a red spotted toadstool before. Wow - so happy you shared this. Your quilt with pumpkin pics are so sweet too. Love the quilting on there.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Your patchworks are adorable, Helen.
I love Autumn.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Am loving your Autumn makes and that quilt is just wonderful. Your hand stitching is amazing! I had always thought those red with white spots toadstools were just imaginary.. but alas... my daughter in law showed me some real ones in Astoria, Oregon when I was there a couple of years ago. I took tons of pictures of them... I was so astonished that they were real! A note too.. they are very poisonous even if you just touch them so beware. Your autumn sewing is inspiring me! Marilyn

Christine B said...

What a beautiful Autumn post Helen. I love both the cushion and the quilt. I loved seeing the photos of your toadstool too! Hope you have a lovely week. Hugs Christine xx

Unknown said...

I do so enjoy your posts. The colors that you chose for autumn are just beautiful. So much nicer than the "traditional" colors of oranges yellows and browns.