Friday 17 September 2021

Pumpkin Pincushion

Hello dear readers and welcome to this week's blog with lots of autumn inspired pictures.....
........as regular readers know, i love making pincushions and having them around my home...they make such cute and useful ornaments.......
..........and here is a new one....a simple little pumpkin appliqué patchwork pincushion embellished with a little stitchery and lots of star buttons.......
..........it would make a lovely little gift for a stitching friend or for yourself of course....the pattern is in my etsy shop link in sidebar.........
...........here's a flowery quilt stack in my sewing room on a bright september day........
...........accompanied by some gorgeous seasonal flowers which my daughter surprised me with.....
........the flowers were from beards and daisies and we think they are beautiful.......
...........love the little plant stick.........and they were tied with two different shades of orange ribbons.......
..........flowers make me just as happy as fabrics do.......
.........there has been plenty of sewing going on here this week and i hope to get a few more things finished before the end of next week when we take a little break......
..........the brightest things in our garden today are the rowan berries.......always love to see them against a blue blue sky.......

 ............thank you so much for visiting me here lovely blog friends and for the kind comments you leave me..........next week i'll be away on a little trip and will be switching my computer off for a while so will take a little blog break.....but i'll take lots of pictures to share when i come back, and if you miss me you can still find me on instagram :)......... take care in the meantime lovelies...........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your photos and your posts--all your projects and the way you display them --make them feel and look so homey!!!
hugs, di

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Just love that little pumpkin pincushion. :)
I totally agree about flowers, they make me happy too!!
How beautiful are the rowan berries against that blue sky (something that has been missing here this week).
Wishing you a lovely break Helen,
V x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy travels!
Adorable pin cushion, and sweet flowers

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh such a sweet pumpkin pin cushion! I love it so much. Love all your cheerful quilts with pinks and reds and yellow.. and your flowers are just stunning. It all makes me so very happy to see and lay my eyes on. Have a nice vacation coming up! Marilyn

Little Quiltsong said...

Your pumpkin pincushion is super sweet - as is your quilt stack on your chair with the sun shining through. Love your bouquet of flowers - beautiful! Enjoy your start of Fall, Helen!

Christine B said...

Such a beautiful post as always Helen. I love the pumpkin pincushion and the flowers are just stunning. What a beautiful bouquet! Hope you have a lovely break! Hugs Christine xx

Carla said...

Love that pumpkin pin cushion. Too cute.
Your sewing room looks cleaner than mine right now for sure.
Great shot of those berries against the sky.

The Primitive Moon said...

Zachwycam się Twoim szyciem, te poduszeczki są przepiękne! Pozdrawiam z Polski :)