Friday 11 June 2021

Roses and Peonies

Hello everyone...... greetings from my sunny flowery bit of the world today....
......here are the first roses to flower in our garden in june.........and with them is my work in progress vintage hearts quilt being hand quilted.....
.........these roses have a delicious scent both indoors and out.......
..........here they are growing on the patio trellis where the air is full of their sweet fragrance.....
......next floral treat this week is a bunch of cherry coloured peonies.......
......my daughter bought me these and they have been so fluffy and gorgeous....and long lasting....
......here they are with my weekly quilt stack......
..........marvelling at the number of frilly petals.......
..........below is another beautiful rose.... this is a david austin rose growing in the cottage garden.....
.........and the old magenta rose which comes back year after year, near our little arbour seat......
..........this has a powerful scent and such a deep colour......this week we have planted up the front door pots, some annuals, and enjoyed the first sweetpeas opening......it's such a wonderful time in the garden and the weather has been lovely......

 ..........thank you for visiting me here dear blog friends and a big thank you for the kind comments.....wishing you a happy week ahead with flowers and sunshine and crafty inspiration......take care lovelies.........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Gosh that magenta rose is stunning Helen .... loving all your pretty pics, beautiful blooms and quilts and I think you know how I feel about your marmalade jar!! :)
Wishing you a happy sunny weekend my friend,
V x

Linda said...

Okay, this post is just breathtakingly beautiful!! I love pink anyway. The little pink vintage quilt is so lovely. I spotted some Tilda fabric! I love that beautiful magenta rose bush! I can almost smell the fragrance. Thank you for this post. When I need some eye candy this week, I'll come back and enjoy it again. :-)

Sandra said...

Roses are my favorite flowers and Peonies are my second. Your flowers and garden are very pretty.

Little Quiltsong said...

Your roses sure are pretty - love all the different shades. Roses is one of my husband's favorite flowers, and at each home, we tried to plant at least one or two. Our winters are not the best for them, but our last ones have been pulling through. Looking forward to them growing taller each year. Love your peonies and lovely stack of quilt pics - beautiful!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Helen, those magenta roses are unreal!! Absolutely stunning.
I always adore your pictures you share. They are sweet little peaceful settings. πŸ’πŸŒΌπŸŒΉ

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The David Austin rose has a beautiful petal shape.

Christine B said...

Peonies and roses two of my favourite flowers!! Love your new vintage hearts quilt Helen, just beautiful! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.... I hope it's still lovely and sunny for you! Christine xxx

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. I love them. Have a beautiful day.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com