Friday 16 April 2021

Tiny Tote Bag

Hello again dear readers.......this week has been mostly about patchwork and flowers for me...
........this is my new tiny tote bag pattern and it's such a lovely way to play with fabrics.....
....combining different sweet prints from scraps and stash......i love making these so much....
......the little peter rabbit notebook here was from the new cath kidston range (one of my lovely mother's day gifts)
......as well as making patchwork things i've been outdoors with my husband painting the picket fence (see above for the before....next time i'll show the after!).... and putting new gravel down on the old gravel paths....good to do some hard work after all the easter chocolate....
........patchwork in progress for the new little tote bags......
.....flower square pincushion on my work table.......(the pattern for this and for the new tiny tote bag can be found in my etsy shop link in sidebar)........
.....and some sherbet pips left from easter treats.......
.......tiny totes and tiny daffodils above........and below a local cottage garden with its beautiful drifts of daffodils under the trees.......
........it's blossom time and so uplifting to walk in the sunshine, seeing all the newly flowering pretty trees, and the blue sky.......and hearing the birdsong......
.........in my cottage garden this week lots of flowers are opening and i'll be photographing it this weekend, now we have almost finished the fence painting.....here are some primroses in an old enamel bowl....

 .......thank you for dropping by to see me here lovely readers......and thanks for taking time to leave a comment....it's always a pleasure to hear from you.......wishing you a wonderful week with sunshine and flowers and happy crafty times........take care lovelies........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

Your tote bags are the sweetest, Helen! I always enjoy looking at each piece of fabric in the patchwork. Lovely, lovely garden pics. I just might have to plant a few more spring flowers in mine this fall.

Catherine said...

Very pretty bag!

Unknown said...

Merci pour toutes ces belles photos de fleurs, de travaux d'aiguilles, de paysages.....tout , merci🌹

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I do love your tiny tote bags Helen, so pretty.
Your garden is looking so beautiful too ... isn't it such a lovely time of year. :)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
V x

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute! It would be perfect for putting a small journal and some art supplies to 'tote' with you! I love it SO much! Enjoy your weekend!

butterfly said...

Love the little bags, just beautiful.
Have a lovely weekend.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Dear Helen oh gosh goodness, your little bags are super adorable. Perfect for a little grand girl to carry important necessities. I want this pattern. Your gardens are beautiful Daffodils are so joyful. I just love when there are "mobs of daffodils" in one spot, it just looks so happy.
Happy Spring. I just returned home from an adventure with my daughter and kiddos and her hubbs and an auntie too. It was such fun to get out and see people and their passions.
Now, I need a tiny nap, a bit of garden attention and then sewing.
❤️🌸🌺❤️🌸

Jo said...

Lovely teeny tiny things as always Helen. Jo x

Christine B said...

Your posts are always so cheerful and uplifting Helen and I just loved seeing sherbet pips..... haven't seen them since I was a child! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend! Christine xx

Marta said...

Il tuo blog è sempre rilassante guardarlo e queste borse sono stupende. Insieme al tuo giardino e ai tuoi fiori.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Those little tote bags are just the cutest! I love that size.. it's so perfect. And lucky you! with the blooming flowers and daffodils everywhere! I bet your "new" white fence will be gorgeous.. you have so inspired me for us to put up a picket fence in our back yard new flower bed that we dug last year. It's still just dirt. No flowers planted yet but hope to in another month or so. We already have some holes dug and I've weeded most of the grass out (why does grass grow in what is supposed to be a flower bed and yet not in the lawn area where it's supposed to grow???). It's glorious to have some warm sunny days, which we just had. Now back to colder weather but hopefully in another few weeks it'll stay warm. As always, love the sweet projects that you make! Marilyn