Friday 19 February 2021

Cottage Garden Quilt

Hello again everyone....here i am with some springlike pictures today..... this is my cottage garden quilt...
.......inspired by cottage garden flowers and tilda apple butter fabrics, i made the quilt top last spring....
....other work took over and it had to wait in the to-be-quilted pile until recently when it was beautifully longarm quilted for me by debbie holland of longarm quilting.com......
.......it's a simple irish chain design with added appliqué flowers and i fancy making it in other colour ways too...a two colour one would be lovely as well.....
....i'm glad i used the apple butter fabrics for this, and some of my other quilts too...it's one of my very favourite tilda fabric collections....
.....more sewing inspired by spring colours......primroses and soft shades of green for thread and buttons....
....after a few days of bitterly cold weather it suddenly changed .....the temperature rose, the sun shone, the birds sang and the air had that mild spring feel and a leafy almost flowery scent....
.........pegged up in my sewing room are little heart blocks for a new heartstrings quilt i'm making...
........this quilt will be made from new fabrics but will have a vintage feel......
.....the spring flowers growing in pots or displayed in little jars and bottles bring me endless pleasure each spring...when i used to paint flowers all day as my job i used to become very inspired at this time of year....nowadays fabrics are both my colour palette and medium of choice for designing but flowers are still a wonderful inspiration.....
........cheery little tete a tete daffodils growing in pots bringing spring indoors.....and one more view of my new quilt (you can find the patterns for the cottage garden quilt and the heartstrings quilt in my etsy shop, link in sidebar).....

 ......thank you so much for visiting me here dear readers, and for the kind comments you leave me....it's always a pleasure to hear from you.....wishing you all a good week with happy crafty times and some flowers too........take care lovelies.......back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

14 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

Your cottage garden quilt really 'speaks' Spring with the beautiful flower applique blocks. Love the fabrics in there. Also love seeing so many beautiful flowers, blooming to their hearts content - and your lovely heart blocks. Enjoy the warmer weather you are having.

Catherine said...

It is beautiful. I wish I could do this!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The prints you use are always beautifully charming. I love the quilt's name. Yay for spring!

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Dear Helen,

Your quilt is truly lovely.

The colours and the design are very attractive and the quilting really does give an added bonus. The whole has a most luxurious look and feel. You must feel extremely pleased with the final result.

And, now, on to the next project!

Linda said...

Oh, what can I say, but BEAUTIFUL!! I have a stash of Tilda's Apple Butter fabrics and I hesitate to start cutting it up because it's so pretty, but I would love to try and mimic what you've done. I just love your quilt. Of course, I love all your little quilts. Thank you for the pics of springtime flowers too. :-)

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Such a beautiful quilt Helen, the colours are so pretty and springlike.
I totally agree about flowers being such an inspiration, I love having spring flowers around the house too, I even have my first little tete a tetes outside in the garden, I think they enjoyed the lovely mild weather this week as well.
Happy weekend my friend,
V x
P.S. I'm stitching around my little bunnies! :)

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I love these fabrics in your quilt Helen. They definitely ARE inviting spring to come in! Your daffodils are so cheery and those green buttons and thread make me want to make something green! We're not getting much spring here yet.. just went through a very COLD 2 weeks, but today is 57 degrees which is just wonderful. As usual, one of these days, spring will appear.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

We are wishing and dreaming of warmer days. It has been super cold in Northern Virginia.
I love seeing your daffodils. I wonder if mind are coming up....
Your quilt is adorable. Yes, this would be a sweet quilt in many various single colorways

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi Helen, I'm gobsmacked by this quilt, it's wonderful with the white background, pretty colors and especially the flowers in the centers. Good job on this one! I'm glad your weather mellowed. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Lorrie said...

Such a pretty quilt with the Apple Blossom fabrics. It's always wonderful to finish a project. The heart strings quilt will be lovely. Enjoy these days of anticipating spring.

butterfly said...

What a wonderful Spring post .
Your new quilt so really beautiful.
Always love your flowers lifts my heart .
Enjoy your weekend.

Christine B said...

Such a beautiful quilt Helen and the long arm quilting is really pretty too! Nice to see the Spring colours coming out! Love your new heart blocks, they make me want to make a quilt of my own! Have a lovely week! Christine xx

Crafty in the Med said...

Glorious quilt! Spring just shouts out to me as I look at the fabrics you have used in your quilt and these pretty images of primroses and daffodils. I so love spring and spring at home in the UK is fabulous! keep well Amanda x

meandmysmallcorner said...


Beautiful Spring feeling quilt Helen. The colours and shapes are just perfect.