Friday 22 January 2021

Winter Days

Hello again everyone.....here is my finished favourite four patch quilt....i had hoped to be able to take pictures of it in the snow....but as we didn't have any here it had to be just heavy frost instead ;).....
.........the colours of the fabrics (fleurs de noel by moda) are so perfectly wintry....
.......the crisp white frost made everything magical......the cottage garden was beautiful in it's quiet winter colours......
.........and the greys of the fabrics was echoed in the colour of the trees......
.....it was a very inspiring photo shoot...but a very cold one and so it was lovely to go indoors afterwards and have a hot cup of tea.......
..........this new quilt pattern which is a simple four patch but set on point which is why it's my favourite...is now a pdf pattern in my etsy shop...link in sidebar....
..........below is another cupboard in the corner of a bedroom and topped with our dolls house....
........this cupboard has often featured in my pictures but here is a peek inside it.....yes, it stores quilts ....
........the doll's house belonged to my daughters when they were little......it was made from a kit from the dolls house emporium many years ago......i looked the company up and it's still going strong...with lots more houses now....there was one a bit like this but slightly more elaborate now.....
..........so it's been a wintry old week and a lot of staying in for me and doing my crafty things and sorting out my studio and suchlike......here though are some pretty primroses and little crocus bulb shoots bringing a promise of spring....
........we have been making some garden plans and are so looking forward to planting time again...

 ......thank you for your visits here dear readers and for the kind comments you leave me.....so nice to hear from you and i hope you are doing ok......wherever you are and whatever is happening in your part of the world i send you lots of love and warm wishes....take care and stay safe lovelies......back soon xxxxxxxx

9 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your new quilt is lovely and really looks beautiful against that wintery background.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Love quilt, the on point is a nice change, lots of possibilities there.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your beautiful quilt is perfect for this time of year Helen ... stunning!!!
Despite the frosty weather though it is lovely to see those little primroses starting to appear.
Wishing you a safe and cosy weekend my dear,
V x

Lorrie said...

What a beautiful new quilt. The rich reds and greys make for a lovely combination. Wintry days are perfect with quilts like yours. Happy weekend.

Teresa Kasner said...

What a gorgeous quilt and how brave you are to do an outdoor photo shoot in such cold weather! I love the simplicity of your dollhouse, mine is very elaborate and Victorian. I'd love to see the inside too.. can you share? If you want to see mine you can google my name and dollhouse and it should come up.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Kc'sCourt said...

Gorgeous quilt. I always get inspired by your quilts.

Julie xxxxxxx

Little Quiltsong said...

What lovely quilt pictures - love the fabric colours in there with the red and greys. It all does look magical. Your flowers too, bring a lot of joy. Enjoy your weekend, Helen!

butterfly said...

Great winter post to warm our hearts .
Love your dolls house and such beautiful photos
The quilt is also very beautiful.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh I love that quilt on your white picket fence! I do love the on point also and the colors are just perfect for this time of year. Every time I see your garden fence, I get inspired to get one put in where we dug up a new garden/flower bed last summer. I can hardly wait. We plan a white picket fence along a long narrow strip and have an arbor in the middle (white of course!). Your cupboard full of quilts just makes me smile too.....I'm looking forward to seeing daffodils around here in another month or so! Have a lovely weekend! Marilyn