Wednesday 23 September 2020

Autumn Colours

 Hello everyone.....it's been a beautiful autumn week here in my little bit of blogland....
 .........during my tidy up of the sewing room and the sorting of fabrics i found a lot of jellyroll strips.....and began using the warm, autumn coloured ones to cut a whole pile of 2 1/2 in squares....
 ..........these are being made into several different quilts....i made some nine patch scrappy blocks....
 .......here is my cutting table with some jellyroll cutting in progress.....
 .......and here is one of the autumn inspired quilt tops......an irish chain in soft warm shades....
 .......photographed in the garden on a warm september afternoon.......
 ...........some of the pretty self seeded poppies........
 ........am saving these for seeds and hoping to grow lots more in the cottage garden next year.......
 .........the days are shorter now and the mornings and evenings chilly......time to light the fire and the candles......and have my favourite autumn breakfast of porridge......
 ........still enjoying some glorious walks in the bright sunny afternoons......and spying berries in the hedgerows......
 ..........and making a few fabric pumpkins......love these atmospheric autumn days so much.....
..........thank you for dropping by lovely readers and for leaving me such kind comments......hope you are all safe and well and enjoying your autumn (or spring) wherever you may be.......take care lovelies..........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

Gayla said...

Oh, my! The inspiration in the post. Those quilts are beautiful, and I love the pumpkins! It really is the best season (although they are all pretty wonderful.) I wish I could make those little "punkins".... they kinda stole my heart!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The fabric pumpkins are adorable, and inspirational.
Beautiful flowers, life my spirits.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

The colours in your photos are just wonderful Helen, your quilt is going to be a stunner!!! Those pretty poppies against the quilt are just beautiful. :)
The sun is still shining here, autumn can be very pretty.
Happy Wednesday lovely,
V x

Susan said...

Helen, the shapes you cut are all so perfectly done that I've been meaning to ask you which brand of fabric cutter you use. I use an Accu-Quilt machine. If I did my cutting by hand you'd think I was drunk. They'd be pretty awful. �� ��

Susan

chapman1531 said...

Helen,
Those colors in the Irish Chain top are a gorgeous departure from your usual colors. Love it❤️❤️❤️

Teresa Kasner said...

It was fun to see your work space and how you create your fabric magic. The photo of that quilt on the white picket fence was eye candy for me. Did you show your husband, the sailor, my photos of my son and grandson crabbing? Have a lovely autumn, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Lorrie said...

What great ideas for using scraps. The autumn quilt is such a soft pretty colour.

Christine B said...

Beautiful post Helen! Love those self-seeded poppies.... just perfect with your wonderful quilt! Christine xx

Little Quiltsong said...

Thank you Helen, for your lovely post. It makes me want to stop and smell the flowers and just take a slow stroll and rejuvenate. Sometimes it seems we set ourselves too many goals. Love your autumn patchwork quilt and pretty poppies. So many cute pumpkins and other delicious fabric squares in there for another project. Enjoy your day!

Gaby said...

Liebe Helen, vielen lieben Dank für die tollen Inspirationen - ich liebe Ihren Blog und schaue immer wieder gern vorbei. Freundliche Grüße aus Deutschland von Gaby :o))