Tuesday 11 August 2020

Garden Quilt

 Hello again everyone...from my sunny and rather hot cottage garden today......
 .............showing one of my older garden inspired quilts....a scrappy four patch made with beautiful lecien and pam kitty morning florals, including the pkm floral catalogue print which is one of my very favourites....
 ..........bright geraniums against my quilt and the quilt spread out on the cottage garden picket fence....the big daisies have grown taller than ever this year....
 ...........lovely lavender in a pot from the rhs show last year......
 ............a close up of the garden inspired quilt...........
 ...........in the veggie patch......runner beans growing well and will soon be big enough to harvest....
 ..............sweet peas every day now......and beautiful tomatoes ripening..........
 ..............hubby has been tending them and brought some in for my salad making.....
 ..............it's been a lovely sunny week so far with a huge downpour of rain in the night....lots of poppies have popped up like weeds among the sweet peas but they can stay because i love them....
 ............last week i had a lovely surprise when i won a giveaway over on instagram.....a book signed by the author sophie claire and other treats too like gorgeous provence style lavender bags and a packet of forget me not seeds.....i'm enjoying the book and it is scented with lavender from the pretty little sachets that came with it in the parcel :)..............
 ............by the way sophie's books are available at all good book shops, on amazon and in supermarkets.......and she sewed the pretty lavender bags herself too ......
............off to do some watering of the pots now and then some hand quilting this evening.....thank you for dropping by dear readers.....it's always a pleasure to have your visits and your kind comments.....hope you are having a good week, enjoying these august days and keeping safe.....back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

18 comments:

Libby said...

It is always a joy to stop and read your posts. Your garden and quilts are always cheerful !

Unknown said...

Love your posts. From far away, Naminia in Africa.

Maxie

quiltcat said...

immer wieder freue ich mich in ihrem blog zu lesen. noch schöne sommertage
liebe grüsse elfriede aus österreich

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Beautiful garden pics Helen ... I love the poppies amongst the sweet peas, so pretty!
We have started to enjoy our home grown tomatoes too this week, the taste is so worth the effort and fun of growing your own.
I love those little lavender sachets, lovely little reminders of beautiful Provence.
Happy stitching lovely,
V x

Teresa Kasner said...

Don't you wish summer lasted longer? Your garden is wonderful and that quilt is perfect amongst the white picket fence and flowers. I have a posy of roses, dahlias and chrysanthemums sitting next to me. I am SO impressed with your deep red tomatoes! Ours are still smallish and green. Enjoy the days my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful quilt, the scroll work stitching is gorgeous!

Little Quiltsong said...

These cheerful fabrics in your quilt, always make me smile when I see them. Beautiful garden pics. Summer's glory before Fall creeps in. Beautiful!

Susie said...

It all looks so wonderful. I may need to take a look at that book too.

ChezVies said...

It's a beautiful quilt Helen and you have a lovely garden.

butterfly said...

Love the garden quilt .
Enjoy the sunny week .

Christine B said...

Beautiful photographs of your fabulous garden, I always enjoy seeing it!! Love this pretty quilt too Helen! enjoy the rest of your week! Christine xx

Lorrie said...

Another beautiful quilt that perfectly suits your garden. I'm happy to see that your tomatoes are just ripening now - ours are still quite green due to a much cooler June and not very many hot days since. I keep hoping we'll have some before September!

Crafty in the Med said...

Beautiful quilt and those lovely summer colours that you have used. It goes so well with your surroundings. I always enjoy visiting your blog. keep well Amanda x

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Happy Summer to you from Oregon! We've had it really HOT here so our flowers aren't doing too well. And no rain either, but lots of watering by hand! I'm happy for whatever we can grow here. I love love love your quilt.. and hanging on the white picket fence.. it is just picture perfect! The colors in the quilt are so summery and I love that circular stitching. As usual, your blog always makes me feel happy! Have a good week.. Marilyn

My pincushion said...

Love all the beautiful photos! I got quite interested about the book and the author. I will surely take a look at it. Thanks for sharing x

Jo said...

Loving the circular quilting on the squares. do you do that on the machine or by hand?? Jo x

Mereknits said...

Such a beautiful quilt, you did an amazing job. Stay safe.

Joan Mc said...

I have had your book on order since about April, I'm looking foeward to receiving it, Joan McG