Tuesday 30 June 2020

Fishes and Flowers

 Hello lovely blog readers.........here are some of my latest pictures...little fishes everywhere....
 ............inspired by the applique fish i sewed on my st ives quilt a couple of years ago, here are some on a new quilt.....and here are some of the stuffed fabric fish i love to make too (the pattern for these is in my etsy shop, link in sidebar).....
 ...........i love having the little coloured fabric fish around the house as part of our summer decorations....
............the quilt is mainly made from fabrics in low volume soft vintage shades and i will be hand quilting it with lots of texture but keeping it soft and drapey.........
 .........the top is now finished and layered together with the backing and batting....all ready on the to- be-quilted pile..........
 ..........last week we had incredibly hot days....and this week the complete opposite.....i snapped a few garden pictures before it turned so cold though.....
 ............the blue blue sky of last week.....
 ..........and the tumbling white roses around the arbour.....
 ............this week has been more of a pottering in the greenhouse kind of week......here are my greenhouse shelves....
 ...........and some of my geraniums...this year i'm especially fond of the trailing ones.....
 ..........usually around this time of year we go on a country trip, exploring places like the cotswolds or cornwall......although that's not possible this year i am taking a little blog break and closing my computer and phone for a short time..........
............thank you so much for your visits here and sweet comments......wishing you a happy, cheerful crafty start to july and until i return keep safe and well lovelies...................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxx

11 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Love your little fishes Helen, it's going to be another pretty quilt.
Your garden is looking beautiful, hopefully the weather will improve for us all so we can get out there enjoy.
Sadly no holidays for any of us this summer but enjoy your little break!
V x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Pretty fishes. Your choice of fabric patterns is a sonderful learning experience.

Teresa Kasner said...

I adore your little fishies and would like to make some. I just don't have a big fabric stash to choose from. I am thinking it would be fun to get some rainbow fabric and make a rainbow trout! :-) I am on the last side of my 4th of July pin cushion and we got my Singer Featherweight out to sew it up, hopefully today. I made a counting error, but it still looks wonderful. Thanks for the design!

*H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!*

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Judy Glasson said...

Dear Helen, I was wondering what you do with all the lovely quilts and other things that you make. Do you keep them? I also think your garden is beautiful. So many lovely flowers. Roses are my favourites. Now something else. Did you notice that if you type in Your name on Google it will come up with you and another lady with the same name but different spelling. On her photo is your Bio. Just thought you might want to change that. Best wishes from Judy in Australia.

butterfly said...

Lovely fishes and new quilt.
Beautiful garden , enjoy your break.

Jacky H said...

You are such an inspiration I love everything you make.
I even fallen in love with my garden.
For the first time in as many years I have planted flowers it looks beautiful.
Have a wonderful birthday and a well deserved break.

Christine B said...

Just adore the fishes on your new quilt and the stuffed fishes too Helen! Love seeing photos from your beautiful garden, always such a treat! Enjoy the rest of your week. Christine xxxx

Little Quiltsong said...

Love your cute appliqued fish on the patchwork quilt - so sweet! Your flower garden is so, so pretty.

Mereknits said...

Absolutely adorable fish. So cute! Stay safe.

Rhona said...

Love those little fishes....so cute. Your geraniums look amazing, such a wonderful pop of color!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

A bowl of fish - the cutest ever!