Tuesday 10 December 2019

Festive Home

 Hello again dear readers.........here i am again with a few pictures from around our festive home this week....the house cushion is now finished and i loved sewing it........more pictures and details coming when i've finished writing the pattern for it....
 ...........one thing i love at this time of year are some bulbs with their fresh green growth.....
 ............and frosty apples, twinkly star lights and red and white quilts stacked up......
 .............i treated myself to a bunch of supermarket roses and added ivy and berries from the garden to the arrangement........and a little bunny...........
 .............bunnies in bed is a theme i have loved for many years......ever since i made a cake with that theme for my youngest daughter when she was about four years old.....
 ......here is lettuce the sugar bunny snuggled up under a very festive doll quilt......
 .............she even has a tiny stocking hanging at the end of her bed.....
 ..............the little dogs doll quilt is from my book *modern vintage gifts*......this version was made with cute little joys fabrics by elea lutz................
 .............as well as making toys i can't resist buying maileg toys sometimes and of course the grandchildren like them too :).............
 ...............the big princess mouse is becoming fond of the new cushion ......
 ..............and more maileg pixies are here with one of my sugar mice.............my mouse and bunny patterns can be found in my etsy shop link in side bar.......
..............we've had some dark rainy days and enjoyed the cosy candlelight and firelight as well as the twinkle lights........and then some sunny days too.....thank you for dropping by to see me here lovely readers and for your kind comments..........wishing you a cosy happy countdown to christmas.......back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 comments:

Mary said...

This is all so lovely ❣️ I am always amazed at how much you accomplish. Are you an early riser or a night owl? Thanks for brightening my day.
Mary

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Well you really can't go wrong with a bunny in a bed in my opinion!!! Lettuce looks very cosy. :)
I think the bulbs on the quilts would make such a pretty Christmas card!
I love your frosty apples too and I also adore Maileg.
Have Tuesday lovely,
V x

Lorrie said...

Such sweetness. Yes, we are enjoying candlelight and the glow of fires these days as it is dark and gloomy outside here, too. Love the pretty house pillow!

Cherie said...

That cushion is totally adorable. I plan to make some similar following my friend's late mums designs that she made a very long time ago.

Jacky H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosemary B❤️ said...

This is such a sweet blog to read today, Helen.
Oh my I love bunnies in bed. Yours are super sweet and good as gold. I love all of your handmade treasures.
Happy Christmas dear friend

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I love the house pillow!

Teresa Kasner said...

Season's Greetings, Helen! I enjoyed each and every image of your beautiful hand sewn treasures. I adore the bunny tucked into her little bed with her very own quilt with little red scotty dogs on it. I also love your chamberstick with the red striped candle.. I wish I could find some like that! ((hugs)), Teresa :-

*********************************************
*H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*********************************************

Rhona said...

Your makes are always wonderful, Helen, but that little bunny tucked up in bed with her own little stocking is just so amazingly cute!

butterfly said...

I so enjoy your lovely photos .
Your GC must love to come and visit with all the beautiful stitched animals .
Love the pillow so pretty.

Christine B said...

Your house cushion is just wonderful Helen but, my favourite item in this post is that dear little sugar bunny under her scotty dog quilt with her tiny stocking hanging of the end of her bed..... just too adorable!! Hugs Christine xx

Jacky H said...

Everything is so pretty . Lettuce looks so cosy tucked up her bed. I hope she gets lots of presents in her sacks.I love the the design of your new cushion
Have a lovely week Helen.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such beauty, Helen...you are so creative and do such lovely work! I love the red and white...and how pretty the bulbs look!

Sam I Am...... said...

What a cute pillow! And you red and white items are so lovely for the holidays. What berried do you grow that stay so nice and red in the house? I brought some in that I found in the woods and they just turned brown and dropped all over the floor! LOL! I love your bulbs in that very pretty bowl. I can't wait to get back to my projects once I have all the presents in the mail! LOL! Enjoy!

doodlebugmom said...

I enjoy your beautiful photos, thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas!