Tuesday 12 November 2019

Festive

 Happy new week dear readers......feeling a bit festive here and using some lovely red and green fabrics for this new applique house and garden cushion......this was inspired by the quilt that i had published in australian patchwork and quilting a couple of years ago.....
 ...........i'm having a fun time adding little elements to this and doing lots of hand quilting.....trying out broderie perse and using the sweet birds from some lovely tilda fabrics.....
 ..........it's cold and windy here and definitely time for cosy quilts and cups of hot tea.....my old red and white checkerboard quilt is always a favourite.....
 ............taking some festive photos of my makes ready for christmas shopping..... the tiny mouse looks cute peeking out of the top of my red patchwork stocking....
 ...........and here are the tiny bunny and tiny mouse together..........(patterns in my etsy shop link in sidebar)...........
 .............at the weekend my daughter and i went to the little christmas brocante in burton village, cheshire...............here are some quick snaps to give the general effect....it was very christmassy and lovely......
 ..........i did find some treasures and meet some lovely people....more pictures soon.....
 .............outside the sky was blue and the sun was shining after a huge downpour the previous day.....
 ............the woods are soaked with all the rain........
 ..........and the holly berries are gleaming...........
 ............in my studio....here is a work basket filled with tiny animals..........and below is a corner of my desk where i am drawing templates and writing patterns.............
...........thank you for dropping in to see me here lovely readers...and for your kind comments......wishing you a wonderful week ahead with happy days and crafty inspirations.......back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

Kate said...

I really enjoyed your post, Helen. Your cushion is adorable and I like the crispness of your red and white quilt. The photos are splendid! Your blog posts always make me smile. ^^

Christine B said...

What a beautiful post Helen. I love your latest quilt with the festive houses and your tiny bunny and mouse look so cosy snuggled up! Enjoy a wonderful week! Christine xx

butterfly said...

Love the red and white theme .
Also love your basket of sweet bunnies

Jacky H said...

Another lovely read Helen. You bunnies and mouse are delightful. I can always tell from you photos what season we are in . I remember seeing the quilt you did for that Australian magazine it was stunning.( I bet they own the copyright)
Keep warm and cosy this week and do lots of sewing.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The birds in the first photo are charming and unexpected. Lovely work

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh my .... all those tiny critters are wonderful, I think I'd like to come and play at your house Helen!! :)
Your new cushion is wonderful.
Looking forward to seeing your lovely purchases, how fabulous to have a brocante so close to home. :)
Happy new week lovely,
V x

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I've never heard the word "brocante"!! Of course being from the U.S. why would I? I suppose it is our equivalent of a Christmas bazaar! Either way, it looks like it was full of lovely goodies.. and loved your post as always.. all the reds and whites,,, especially this time of year. Your sweet little bunnies are just adorable and love the house on the cushion. I finally made one of your sweet little fabric pumpkins and I love it. Going to make more too, as little gifts for loved ones. Used your pattern and loved just doing the sewing by hand and not lugging out my sewing machine. I can sit and watch a movie and make my little sweet pumpkins now! Have a wonderful week! Marilyn

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi dear Helen.. I had heard the word "brocante" but didn't know what it meant, so I googled it! Now I know! I would have loved to go to that flea market, such wonderful things. I look forward to seeing what treasures you brought home. The house quilted piece is beautiful and clever to cut out the birds and sew them on. Now I'm excited for Christmas decorating! But we must get through Thanksgiving on Nov 28, then the next day I will begin. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Little Quiltsong said...

Your sewing area looks so cosy with all the red and white and cute bunny and mouse friends. So happy the weather turned nice for your weekend shopping. We too had an open house for a newly decorated, in Christmas decor, gift shop, but didn't make it. The weather has turned into mid-January type snow weather, and only the most necessary drives are taken then. Enjoy your day, Helen :)!

Rhona said...

Your new cushion looks lovely! Your bunnies and mice are adorable.....I still have the bunny you sent me sitting on my desk!

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely post Helen! I especially loved your old red and white quilt! Love the broderie perse quilt you are working on too!
Your bunnies and mice are sooo cute!
Barbara x

Lorrie said...

Lovely photos. I do love the quilted houses.

Cherie said...

Helen, I have just bought your gorgeous book...Modern Vintage Gifts. It arrived yesterday and is every bit as lovely as your blog. I will have so much fun choosing and making things now.