Monday 15 July 2019

Bright Summer Sewing

 Happy new week dear readers......it's a sunny bright and cheerful one here.......
 .........with lots of new sewing supplies brightening up my work table.....and i'm busy sewing projects for my new book every day.......
 ............we have just had a very busy weekend which didn't leave much time for gardening.....
 ............or photo taking.......but here are the super bright petunias we planted at the base of the new clematis flowering happily.......and below is a pretty pink hydrangea of a type i haven't seen before tucked into a corner of the cottage garden.....this one was a birthday present from one of my girls (they know me so well) xx..........
 .............the lavender is out and the bees are loving it......the fence got splashed with mud after heavy rain......might have to wash it....:)
 ...........here is a block for my log cabin quilt......looking forward to joining the blocks (some day!)...
 .............there is a roses and stripes theme that seems to have developed all by itself.....which i'm very happy about....
 .............the diamond english paper piecing i began on holiday is almost finished....
 ............i might be able to show you what it's for next time....
 ................and on a red white and blue seaside theme here is my cross stitch project in this month's crafts beautiful magazine out now.............
 .............off to unroll one of my delicious sushi rolls from lecien fabrics now and stitch up something pretty............
..........thank you so much for visiting me here lovely readers and for taking the time to leave me a comment.......it's so nice to hear from you........hope you have a lovely week ahead with sunny skies and flowers to fill your days.................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Helen, everything is beautiful and bright and cheerful as usual! Your flowers are so inviting and match so well all of your fabrics. I love that jelly roll with the yellows in it. I never use yellow much, but it sure is inviting this time of the year! Your log cabin quilt with the stripes is delicious! Love it so much. I'm very partial to log cabin quilts as always wanted to LIVE in a log cabin! Never have, but my sister has one - it is there full time "home" and it is so fun to visit them and stay there. They are pretty dark inside, so I'm now thinking I probably wouldn't have loved living in such a dark house. It would have needed all of your bright and cheerful quilts in it! xoxo Marilyn

Jacky H said...

Hi Helen everything about your blog is so pretty.
A pleasure to read and soak up the colours.
Im very much looking forward to your new book been published.
Jacky.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your new threads are like little jewels Helen. :)
My lavender is so good this summer too it must be a good year for them!!
Your blocks are so pretty and I'm looking forward to seeing what the diamonds become!
As for those little beach huts ... oh my!!! :)
Happy new week lovely,
V x

Teresa Kasner said...

A visit to your blog always brings me joy as I love your cotton candy colors and your love of your garden and flowers and of course your beautiful fabrics and quilted projects. I'm going to click on your link and check out your article. I'm excited about your new book.. when will you share the title? Have a lovely week, my friend.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Everything around you just seems to naturally match so perfectly from the flowers to the fabrics and all your lovely projects. :)

butterfly said...

Lovely material , and such pretty colours .
Both in your sewing and garden .
Enjoy your summer.

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful post Helen! Such lovely and interesting sewing projects - looking forward to seeing more of them. Pretty petunias - one of my favorite flowers. Love the colours you have. Have a lovely day!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love all of your happy photos, Helen...love the little cross stitch cottages!

Lorrie said...

Hello Helen,
Your workroom is full of delightful projects and colours. The quilt blocks will make a lovely quilt one day. Have a great day!

Gracie Saylor said...

Oh goodie, a new HP book to look forward to enjoying! Your Petunias and projects are lovely. I purchased red, white and purple Petunias this season and have them clustered in pots on a little table. One day huge holes appeared in the white blooms. On close examination, I discovered caterpillars were feasting! Relocating the caterpillars and spraying the plants with soapy water seems to have saved them, and I am now more enlightened about protecting Petunias. I do hope your Petunias stay safe from attack! :-) xxxxxxx