Monday 24 June 2019

Norfolk Postcards

 Hello dear blog friends...here i am back again after a lovely relaxing break, feeling very refreshed....
 ............we both love the british coast and exploring different bits of it.....norfolk has a special atmosphere all its own....the two pictures above were taken at burnham overy staithe, and the one below was at wells-next-the-sea.....
 ............and the sun shone for us which was a treat after the previous week's weather when we were still at home......the beaches were wide, sandy and quiet and we had lovely walks......
 ............i took so many pictures of the beach huts there i could fill up the whole post with them :) ....
 .............here's just a couple of pictures for now......the beach huts can be hired by the day, week or month....some are privately owned.....they are so much part of the british coast because of our unpredictable weather....but who wouldn't love a little house to make a cup of tea in and store the beach paraphernalia...or to change in after swimming.......or just to sit in out of the wind and dream and read a book...or sew...or knit....i think i would really like a beach hut myself....
 .............we went to cromer below and walked along the pier there......
 ...........love the all blues and whites and the shelters and lamps..........below is the view from the pier......
 .............besides the seaside days we visited lots of lovely little towns including burnham market where i was delighted to spy these hollyhocks in bloom.....
...............outside a cottage with a gorgeous pink door.......
 .............i'll show you some more pictures in a future post (like our visit to sandringham, the queen's norfolk home)..........you might be wondering if i did any sewing on my holidays.....and of course i did....i filled this big stripy bag with sewing things before we left.......
 ..........and one of the projects i sewed in the evenings was this set of english paper pieced diamonds.......more about this project very soon.......
............thank you for your kind wishes on my last post dear readers and for dropping by to see me here......i hope you have a wonderful week ahead with sunshine and flowers and crafty inspirations................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Beautiful coastal photos Helen, it looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time!
I would love to visit Sandringham, I think it's the only one of the Queens homes we haven't visited.
And of course your pretty stitching perfectly matches the seaside theme. :)
Have a lovely week,
V x

The Farm at Mill Village said...

I just discovered your blog in March and love it! I so missed it last week. To make up for your absence I purchased one of your adorable bunny patterns on Etsy. I live in Vermont in the United States.

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful pics - I can just feel the relaxation when looking at them. You have such lovely spots and piers to walk on - and even enjoy a hot beverage while watching the waves. Love, love the beach houses. Makes me want to make a quilt that reminds me of these, so I 'feel' like I'm there too :)! Lovely sewing too, Helen!

Jacky H said...

Glad you had a lovely holiday.
Ive never been to Norfolk.
I bet you got lots of seaside inspiration for your sewing project.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

These phots are so lovely, Helen. You take great photos too,
What a great refreshing get away.
Of ourse I love the Hollyhocks, they are sensational. I grew them myself many years ago
I am so happy you are home again and this take along project is just beautiful

Christine B said...

Beautiful photographs Helen. My family live in Norfolk and I love visiting the towns and beaches there. I also love your epp diamond project and am excited to see more of it! We are having a heatwave here in Switzerland and I hope you are enjoying some sunshine too! Christine xx

Coco Rose Diaries said...

Oh gosh that all looks just so beautiful! Visiting here always gives me such a dose of colour and inspiration. Your quilts are utterly gorgeous! It's on my list to learn to love my sewing machine!!!!!!!! Have a beautiful week! xxx

Pom Pom said...

Oh how gorgeous! I'm reading The Old Hand-knitters of the Dales. Also, Traditional Knitting. I will some day visit this glorious land. Your piecing is beautiful and your colors are ALWAYS cheerful.

Unknown said...

So glad you enjoyed visiting Norfolk; lived here all my life & just take it for granted. When I saw your photos, realised how lucky I am...😀

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lovely photos, Helen...looks like a wonderful holiday!

Teresa Kasner said...

What a beautiful place you visited.. thanks for sharing the photos of such seaside beauty. I also enjoyed seeing the things you're working on. I think you should buy a beach hut, imagine how much fun you'd have decorating it!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jo said...

Wonderful seaside pictures.

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks so much for sharing some sights of the lovely sites you visited, Helen. I enjoyed seeing them and I am glad you enjoyed a bit of stitching along the way. I have tucked the makings for a crocheted potholder in the pocket of my purse so that I have something to stitch in those moments I find myself waiting. xxxxxxx