Monday 18 February 2019

Hearts and Flowers

 Happy new week dear readers...........it's been a lovely few days since i last wrote with almost spring like weather, sunny days and warmer temperatures and masses of crocus and snowdrops appearing as well as lots of daffodils in bud outdoors...........
 ............and lots of flowers indoors too for valentine's day and just because i can never resist an inexpensive little bunch on my travels............here is ruby with the patchwork heart cushion.....
 .............and with her cheerful little sign on the rocking chair.......i am planning to write up the pattern for ruby and another big rabbit very soon............
 .............had to have a couple of pictures of my heartstrings quilt especially for this time of year...
 ...............the tiny roses were from a flower shop but the tiny purple iris were from our garden, growing in an almost hidden place......at first glance the colours are just like sweet peas....but we have a long time to wait for those :)...........
 ...........pretty little roses in a greengate jug............and a few more hearts made with tilda apple butter fabrics......
 ................and below is a little tag i made using one of the cute spring themed rubber stamps which came free with the current issue of crafts beautiful magazine......
 ...............i stamped the words onto thick watercolour paper using a black ink pad, then cut out the tag, punched a hole in the top and tied a lovely bit of crumply silk ribbon through it.....
 ..............there are lots of easter themed stamps included too so i shall be using those next.....
 ..............my sweet valentine's bouquet from my lovely husband was red roses this year.......
 ..............i love to celebrate everything there is to celebrate so we do :)......and my hubby makes me a nice cup of tea each morning which i always appreciate so much......
..........i will leave you with the faux cherry blossom wreath and handmade heart which hang in my kitchen on the white painted victorian door......thank you for dropping by and for your kind comments, it's always a real pleasure to hear from you......wishing you a wonderful week ahead with plenty of happy crafty times........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

Your wreath is very pretty. I love your hearts quilt. You are always so busy with new designs. The magazine sounds like it is jammed full of inspiration. I will Look out for it.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

At first glance i thought you had sweet peas in your vase, I wondered how you had managed that!! :)
We are the same here, we celebrate everything, which I think is a good thing.
I love that little stamp Helen, all your pretty hearts and of course the very lovely Ruby!
Happy new week,
V x

Janet Taber said...

So, so, so sweet to see your lovely patchwork and flowers and bits of decor. It always brightens my Mondays so much!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Flowers and hearts... it can't get much better then that on a Monday! I love everything you do! How wonderful to have some flowers peeking up from the earth already... that always lifts the spirits. Ruby is just darling.. love her little sweater and the sign she is holding. Have a wonderful week... I plan to craft as much as I can this week! I'm in a "tea" mood so making tea related things. xoxoxo Marilyn

Jacky H said...

Everything is so pretty. It's a joy to the eyes. Your colours choice are such happy shades.
They brighten up a miserable Monday. I must say Ruby does look very content with her little sign.
I'm not really a heart person myself but you have inspired me to make some.

Mickie said...

Helen,
So wonderful to have such crafty inspiration to begin a new week. Love the sweet apple butter fabric hearts, and of course Ruby rabbit along with all your beautiful quilts. Also love the beautiful roses, pink and red alike.
My goal the remainder of this month is to finish quilting two of my pieced quilt tops. I hope I stay focused. :)
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Kate said...

The wreath is ever so pretty.

Teresa Kasner said...

That Ruby has the prettiest red knitted dress.. what a lucky bunny! Your tiny posy is precious.. and wow.. a gorgeous red rose bouquet.. what a good husband! Enjoy your week! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

butterfly said...

How lovely to start my day looking at your post , and all the things I love .
Beautiful flowers and yes I thought they were sweet peas , love the colours .

The Rabbit and sweet hearts are so pretty .

I have the stamping sheet too and there are many wonderful spring stamps ,
I always like to stamp tags and envelopes of Birthday cards .
Enjoy the Spring like weather and a lovely week .

Christine B said...

Beautiful Spring post Helen. I really did think it was sweetpeas in that first flower photo.... such pretty colours! Your quilts and the cushion are gorgeous and Ruby is just adorable. Have a wonderful week! Christine xx

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful pics again, Helen! Love the tag! I need to make a sign for my wall at home with this! Our Winter's can draw out into April - and sometimes we still get snow in May, but Spring DOES come eventually - and the next 3 seasons usually glow the brightest for it :)!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

all of these images are sweet, so pretty and really inspiring

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So many lovely creations, Helen...and Ruby is so cute!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Helen, Your blog is a Valentine year round.

Jo said...

Such lovely photos and a very true phrase stamped right there in front of my eyes. Jo xx