Monday 11 June 2018

In the Garden

 Happy new week everyone......here is my latest english paper pieced project inspired by a wonderful lucy boston quilt....i am loving making these blocks and love how portable this project is too......great to stitch in the garden or to travel with....
 .............cornflower blue is such a wonderful colour it just popped into my current block .....
 ............the past week has been all about the garden......designing in the garden, sewing in the garden, eating in the garden......weeding, watering and potting on seedlings in the garden :)............
 ............such gorgeous weather and day after day of sunshine is something to make the most of here...
 .............sitting in the arbour with the new squishy patchwork seat cushion....nautical bunting ......
 .............and being photographed in the potting shed is a beehive applique cushion, my project in the july issue of crafts beautiful magazine out now....below is the accompanying cross stitch beehive tag...........
 ..............besides having garden days i have been out and about elsewhere too.....this was a trip to treacle market with my youngest daughter....do you see that blue vintage enamel bucket in the middle of the stall? it came home with me......just what i need to store cut flowers....or maybe to plant red geraniums in.....
 ..........lots of flowers to enjoy now....i try to grow my favourites to photograph and to draw...
 ...........the foxgloves were self seeded...love it when they do that.....
 ..............and the rambling roses are beginning to flower.....the one below is covered in rosebuds...
 ..............down the garden path.....and next week we will be wandering down lots of other garden paths too....we're going on one of our beloved little country breaks and will be staying in a thatched cottage and visiting some beautiful british gardens.............i will take lots of pictures to share when i get back, but will be taking a blog and facebook break next week....you can still find me on instagram though in the meantime......
.............thank you so much for visiting me here and for your lovely comments dear readers...wishing you sunny days and lots of happy crafty times....back soon   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

18 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

The weather is beautiful at the moment, long may it last. I love cornflower blue, its so rich. I love the Lucy Boston quilts, I am making one myself. I loved reading her books as a child.

Julie xxxxx

Jacky H said...

Thanks for a lovely look into you beautiful garden.
Your projects are amazing asusual and I want to do all of them.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

The last week has been amazing for the garden!! It's such a joy to eat outside in the UK I think, it doesn't happen very often unfortunately!!
Your garden is looking lovely and I have to say I think I would really like Treacle Market....I LOVE your bucket and your flowers look so pretty in it!
Enjoy your little break, I'm sure you'll be adding to those beautiful blocks! :)
V x

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

The suns been a bit more hit and miss here in East Yorkshire. I do love the blue of your cornflowers, no wonder they inspired you xx

Mickie said...

Helen,
Beautiful post! I love cornflowers or as we call them bachelor buttons. I had some a few years ago and would love to have them again, the beautiful blue is my favorite. Loving that color in your new quilt block.
I agree red geraniums would look so pretty in your "new" blue bucket, as I am partial to red geraniums; but your cut flowers look very pretty in it too.
I am looking forward to seeing how you finish your new EPP quilt, it will be another beauty I am sure.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Teresa Kasner said...

Hello Helen! That new quilt pattern is so unusual.. I can't wait to see more squares together. The robin's egg blue bucket is quite the score and looks wonderful with the garden blooms in it. Say, the photos on your blog are kind of small.. did you know when you're creating a post that you can click on the image and select "X-Large" and it will make your photo bigger. The pictures are so pretty it would be good to see them bigger. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

It was so fun to see your garden Helen! The blue flowers, simply gorgeous. They are a rarity in the flower world.

I do love the blue pail. I have something similar, light blue with white stripes (or the other way around!). I keep a flowering plant in it during the summer. I keep the plant in its original plastic container with a saucer so the pail doesn't rust.

Sending all the best for a wonderful summer, dear friend! :)

Jane

Kay said...

I always love reading you posts, they are so full of prettiness and inspiration. x

Christine B said...

Beautiful post Helen and I love cornflower blue too! Such a vibrant colour! Hope you have a lovely break. Look forward to seeing your photographs on your return! Christine x

Little Quiltsong said...

Love seeing all of your beautiful pics - and so many delicious flowers. Love your pieced block and cushion, and the cute pail you bought - beautiful colour. Enjoy your week and the holiday you will be taking!

Jane said...

Blue is my favourite colour Helen and cornflower blue is pretty perfect in my books.Your flowers are so pretty and I love the sweet bee project..it's just delightful xxx

Lorrie said...

I would find it difficult to make a quilt without blue in it, as it's my favourite colour. Not that I've made many quilts! Your garden is such a pretty place.
Enjoy your getaway.

Jo said...

That bucket would have come home with me too! I am all out of cornflowers in the garden and your post has reminded me how much I love them. I love that quilt block with white, very eye catching. Jo x

Marta said...

Molto bello il tuo giardino, i fiori e tutto ciò che cucisci. Buona estate di fotografie.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lots of beautiful eye candy in this post! Love the new quilt design!

handmade by amalia said...

Your makes always look so beautiful in your garden, it must be a wonderful source of inspiration. I'm not going to compliment you on the beautiful fabrics because I always do :-)
Amalia
xo

Thimbleanna said...

Oh wow -- that little epp block is just beautiful! I love the colors -- that blue! I sure wish you were here to give me a foxglove lesson. I don't know anything about them. I planted one last year and it said it's a biennial -- so I know it won't bloom this year, but will I see any greenery at all? If I see nothing is it dead, or is it just doing it's biennial thing and it will appear next year? And if that's the case, how will I know it from a weed? Questions, I have questions LOL!

Anonymous said...

Sounds that you had a wonderful vacation. The place were you stayed looks beautiful surrounded with colorful flowers! Beautiful path way to have a walk:)