Monday 14 May 2018

Fresh Florals

 Here is my finished flowery four patch quilt...........perfect for the spring days we are enjoying at the moment.............
 ...............last spring i began cutting and piecing four patch blocks using a mixture of my favourite scraps of lecien, pam kitty morning and riley blake fabrics.....i planned to make a floating four patch quilt.....which i did (will show you that another time) and here are those first blocks as a work in progress last year......
 ..........i also loved the simple look of the plain four patch blocks so i made that one as well.....
 ..............it was quilted for me by the talented longarm quilter debbie holland in this gorgeously twirly design......
 .............it's all about the flowers and the spring here at the moment......last autumn i planted some tulips under the cherry tree in the front garden and now here they are............
 ............looking so pretty with the bluebells...........
 ...bulbs are so easy and so rewarding.......reminding myself *must plant more bulbs next autumn*..........
 .............when i was at my daughter's house at the weekend i snapped some pictures of their lovely lilac tree........that is my granddaughter daisy's little playhouse tucked behind the lilacs and rhododendrons.............
 ...........such beautiful blooms....the lilacs in our own garden are only just opening and i look forward to cutting some for the house soon......

 ............i have lots to do this week and it's very tempting to slow down and enjoy the sunshine and potter in the garden isn't it?............every day brings new flowers and nice floral surprises........
.............thank you for dropping by dear readers and thank you to those who are so kind and leave a comment for me...i love to read them......wishing you a wonderful week ahead with sunshine and flowers and plenty of crafty inspiration..............back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt, lovely flowers!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Such a pretty quilt Helen!! :)
I know what you mean about wanting to stay out in the garden and potter....it is very tempting. Your tulips are beautiful, I too need to plant more bulbs in the autumn! I just love those beautiful lilacs, we had one in our garden when I was a child, I would love one in my garden now, something more to do in the garden!!
happy new week,
V x

Jacky H said...

What beautiful flowers I can see why you want to stay out in the garden, especially if the weather is good.
You quilt is fabulous as usual.

Elizabethd said...

I have just taken up the last of my Tulips and saved the bulbs for next Spring.
It is such a pretty season now with everything suddenly coming into flower.

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely quilt and flowers, Helen. I can understand your yearning to be outdoors since we had lovely sunny weather here this weekend, and the flowering bushes and trees are a joy to see. Now I am headed out to do a bit of weeding! :-) xx

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is so pretty!!



Sophia

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful quilting on this lovely spring-like quilt. Love seeing all your pretty blooms - we are wayyyy behind you. Also our neighborhood rabbit couldn't wait any longer, and had a wonderful smorgasbord of leafy greens from most of our tulips :(! Leaves and buds are starting to form though - so there is hope around the corner!

Mickie said...

Helen,
I love this sweet quilt with the flower fabrics! I always like having a lot of white in a quilt, it seems to make the prints stand out even more. I have been making some headway with my flower beds and am enjoying seeing the results of my labor. It seems as if we went from winter to summer without much spring-like weather here. Temps have been above normal for the month of May. Love enjoy being outside though.
Your tulips are beautiful, I must remember to plant more bulbs next fall too.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Teresa Kasner said...

Beautiful quilt, my friend. And my goodness.. that lilac is so full and fluffy! It will make a wonderful bouquet and fill your home with it's perfume. We also had a perfect weather weekend and it was again lovely today. Rather odd for Oregon in May, I must say! Have a super week. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jane said...

Such a gorgoues quilt Helen.Your flowers are blooming lovely too! I know what you mean about being tempted by the garden. I have had a lot of deadlines recently and I am desperate to get my pots planted up. I hope to remedy that on Sunday. Enjoy the sunshine xxx

Christine B said...

I love this beautiful quilt Helen.... the colours are just perfect for Spring. Your garden is beautiful too... you have such wonderful flowers blooming all year round! Christine x

Lorrie said...

Your quilt is very pretty, Helen, and the colours are perfect for sunny days in the garden. Pink tulips and bluebells go well together. I always say that I'm going to plant more bulbs in the fall, too. And I think I did plant more than came up this past spring so I wonder if the squirrels are digging them up! Have a wonderful mid-week.

Rhona said...

Another gorgeous quilt Helen! Your garden looks amazing with such pretty colours. I love lilacs but was always told that it was bad luck to bring the blooms inside....no idea why! Enjoy your time in the garden.

Carol said...

What a delightful quilt, Helen! And your garden colors seem to match those in your quilt--everything is so beautiful on your blog :)

Pat said...

Jus1t catching up with you Helen, you sound busy, but still find time to show us your beautiful quilt and lovely Spring flowers, something new appears everyday just now. Happy weekend.xoxo