Monday 23 October 2017

Autumn Making

 We are enjoying our autumn days here this week...especially now the storm has passed (for now anyway).........a few more pumpkins have been added to my pumpkin patch.........
 ...........red and white gingham has always been a favourite fabric of mine so i used some of it to make some pumpkins............
 ..............i tried making some teeny tiny pumpkins ....they look quite cute.....
 ............autumn coloured quilts are keeping us cosy on these chilly nights..........
 ..............and autumn flowers from the garden are still brightening our days..........
 ..........i've been spending lots of time with our grandchildren as it is their half term holiday.......plenty of activities to keep us busy especially crafting related ones..............
 ..............the nasturtiums here are my autumn orange accent ;).............
 .................the susie watson spotty jug is perfect for the garden posy this week............
 ................my blog is a bit late this week as i was at my eldest daughter's house.....cake baking and decorating was going on ........and then we just had to try a piece...........
 .................here are some more teeny tiny pumpkins this time in more traditional autumn shades.....
 ..............last week we went on a trip to manchester and i took some pictures in whitworth park....we went into the art gallery and below is a collage of the café in the trees there....such a wonderful atmosphere.....(click on the picture to enlarge it)..........
 ..............this week is another busy one for me and it is full of fun things to do with my dearies.....soon i will have to get on with my work again but it is nice to have a little break and some precious family time now and then......
................thank you so much for dropping in here to see me dear readers and for the sweet comments you leave me......it is always a pleasure to hear from you.......i hope you are having happy autumn days and lots of crafty inspirations too................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

23 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh Helen....all your lovely pumpkins, you must have so many now! I really enjoyed making mine, such a satisfying little make. :)
I'm afraid 'Ophelia' destroyed my nasturtiums and they were looking so well too. :(
Glad you're having a lovely time with your grandchildren.
V x

Brenda Pruitt said...

I've always been partial to gingham. I've made many curtains out of gingham. Primary reason? Easy to follow the lines when stitching!
Brenda

KC'sCourt! said...

The pumpkins are gorgeous.
The cake looks yummy

Julie xxxxxx

Susanne Tyree said...

Helen, everytime I come to your blog, past and present, it cheers me up because of all these fun fabrics you use. Even the gloomiest day becomes brighter. Love the pumpkins and all the other pretty things you create. Thank you.
Susanne :)

Cream Linen said...

I love your pumpkins,Helen and your fabric and colour choices.Have a cosy and happy week! Tina x

Elizabethd said...

Gingham always looks so fresh and pretty.

Lorrie said...

Gingham is a classic print that makes anything cheerier. You have a great collection of pretty pumpkins. Enjoy these days with the grandchildren!

Teresa Kasner said...

Such darling pumpkins in such fun colors. I also love that you found enough flowers in your garden for some bouquets, such a darling little pitcher!! We're at the beach and are enjoying a sunny warm day after days of stormy wind and pouring rain. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your pumpkins are so cute! I love the gingham and the colors!

Gracie Saylor said...

Your posies and pumpkins are perfect! I'm so glad you are having lovely days with your family. The fall colors around here are spectacular...I'll try to post some photos soon xxxxx

Jacky H said...

I've made some of your pumpkins from your book this year . I'm still in Spain at the moment it's still warm. I love your photos of Manchester park particularly the colour of the trees in there Autumn colour.
We don't get that here. I'm back to the UK in a couple of weeks. I hoping I won't miss too much of what is left of Autumn.

Jennifer Hays said...

Your gingham pumpkins are fantastic, Helen! What a cute idea. I love the other ones too. The cake looks delicious, I hope you enjoyed it. That is a very nice park, I love seeing the seasons changing in other places. Hope you're having a good week so far. :)

Mickie said...

Helen,
Your sweet autumn post is inspiring once again. The gingham pumpkins are so cute. I am finishing a garden inspired nine patch quilt top alternating with white squares. Love the fabric called Garden Delights by Gray Sky Studio. It reminds me of Liberty of London fabrics and keeps the summer flowers in mind. We are enjoying beautiful autumn colors finally and some cooler temps. Not looking forward to the cold blustery temps to come.
Thank you for sharing!
Mickie, Indiana USA



Art and Sand said...

I love all your fall pumpkins.

This autumn day will be for making here also. I bought fabric for Christmas pillows and need to get busy.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like you are having lots of lovely quality time with your family. All your pumpkins are so sweet. I bought gingham last summer to cross-stitch on and still haven't done a thing with it.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Fun pumpkins! Your cosmos photos are the best I've seen.

Pat's Patch said...

What a wonderful pumpkin collection you have made Helen, full of autumn cheer on these wet and windy days. And the chocolate cake looks scrummy. Xx

Sam I Am...... said...

I finally caught up with your posts...how do I get so far behind? The time just goes by so fast! I'm glad you are enjoying your grand children and family. I wish mine lived closer or vice-versa. What a great cafe like you are in a tree house. Adore the Susie Watson pottery and those cute little hands decorating the cake. The pumpkins are propagating like rabbits around your place...so cute and one can never have too many! Red gingham...all gingham actually, is a favorite of mine too. I can't wait to see what you work on next! Happy Sewing!

Jo said...

It is always good to spend time with family. I am having a craft light week this week but it is good to be with the girls. Cool pumpkins! Jo x

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Were those Smarties on that cake? I haven’t had those since the last time I was in Tyrone! Ahhh I miss Irish chocolates!! May I please have a Flake and a Crunchie?

Marta said...

Belli i tuoi racconti, le tue zucche, quelle piccole assomigliano un poco alle mele. Ciao

Rhona said...

Gorgeous pumpkins and the cake looks delicious too!

Irene said...

Lovely photos Helen - so pleased to read that you have had a good week with the family.