Tuesday 25 July 2017

House and Flowers

 Here is a new little house pincushion ......it is my project in the latest issue of crafts beautiful magazine and i loved making this from felt and adding flowers, buttons and embroidery.........
..............there is also a paper crafted tag to accompany the little house as a gift for a stitching friend...
 ................it's been a busy week here with gardens to grow and tend, sewing to sew and design and now school is out for summer more time spent with my little grandchildren too..........
 ...........i put some bright flowers in this vintage jam jar on the kitchen windowsill......
 ..............here is the newly planted flower bed next to the new arbour.....the flowers are growing up very well..........we have lots of lavender, mallow, nasturtiums, snapdragons, daisies, honeysuckle and euphorbia.............
 ................there are pots too filled with bright petunias and other summer flowers.....

 ............and some beautiful...but fleeting.....pink poppies which i planted from seed just a few weeks ago into the spot where they flowered....so pretty......the hollyhock is almost flowering now too which i am very pleased about....:)
 ............some sweetpeas to bring indoors..............these were in my studio for a few days....such a gorgeous scent to work with.....
 ...............i did a bit of baking and made some scones....... i sewed this little cloth to fold around them in a little white basket......blue gingham fabric bound in red gingham readymade binding......
 .............new fabrics have arrived from the wonderful pretty fabrics and trims....these are arbor blossom by ellis and higgs for riley blake...........such a pretty collection...........new sewing is on it's way right now :).......
 ...............this week i plan to cut some lavender for drying.....do some exciting new magazine work...and begin a new english paper pieced project for the evenings.... i find can't just watch tv any more i have to sew, knit or crochet at the same time.....
...........thank you for dropping by to see me here dear readers and for your lovely comments.....wishing you a wonderful week with happy crafty times wherever you may be....and some flowers and sunshine to enjoy too................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

30 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your garden is looking so lovely Helen....poppies really don't last for very long do they...such a shame!
Such a pretty little cloth for your scones and I love that gorgeous new fabric...looking forward to seeing what it becomes. :)
The little house and tag are so sweet!
Enjoy those grandchildren now schools out!
V x

KC'sCourt! said...

Pretty house pin cushion, lovely garden.

Julie xxxxxx

Kate said...

Helen, your pincushion is so unique! Your flowers are beautiful and remind me of my Grandmother's garden. :)

my4lilgirls said...

Such a cute pincushion, I love it 😊

my4lilgirls said...

Such a cute pincushion, I love it 😊

Bekki said...

Those scones look so appetising wrapped in their gingham cover.

Ali said...

Oh Helen, everything is gorgeous - I really need a kick up the bum and get my garden sorted and I'm sick of waiting for my stitchy mojo to come back :-( xx Have a lovely week xx

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The pin cushion looks as sweet as candy. Very nice.

Jennifer Hays said...

Your pincushion is so sweet! You come up with such lovely project ideas. I loved seeing all your flowers, what wonderful variety. I hope you're having a good week, Helen.

Jacky H said...

Your garden is wonderful so much colour. Your friend will be really pleased with your pin cushion.
Have a lovely week.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

LOVE this little house & tag!!
deb

Pat's Patch said...

Beautiful pics of your garden full of summer colourful gorgeous flowers. You are having a happy productive time. Keep doing all those things you enjoy xxx

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Such a sweet little house and your garden is looking so full of colour, just beautiful xx

Teresa Kasner said...

I so enjoyed seeing your arbor and the flowers growing.. the one flower that made me swoon was the pink poppy with the purple center.. oh my goodness.. what a pretty flower! I'll have to look for some seeds like yours. I adore your little sewn house pin cushion. I so enjoy reading your posts. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

cristina said...

You life is full of lovely colors, Helen! I love so much this new pincushion and roof is precious with the buttons! love your garden plants and yours jars with flowers ... I'm so happy to know that you spend some time with the children. Hope you've a nice week, dear Helen! A big hug from Catalonia!

Art and Sand said...

That vintage jar is perfect for holding flowers.

Amy at love made my home said...

Your garden is beautiful and your little house is just adorable!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Everything is so fresh and colorful and lovely. You certainly keep very, very busy. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Carole Williamson said...

Just one word for your blog Helen ............. "GORGEOUS"

Love Carole from Rossendale, Lancashire xx

Rhona said...

Your garden looks amazing, Helen. Those flowers look wonderful in that gorgeous vintage jam jar....where do you find such amazing pieces?
Cute pin cushion and I love the little cloth you made for your scones....so pretty!

Heldasland said...

What a stunning garden , I've told you before I am moving in .ii will happily sleep in the garden . Congratulations on your published work .

Lorrie said...

Your garden is producing such wonderful flowers. The house pin cushion is darling!

Anonymous said...

Oh! It seems you have a piece of heaven in your yard...😎💐🇬🇧💐Appreciate your time to share with us...
Hope you and your family enjoy many more brilliant summer days...
Take care 🇨🇦❤️

Simone said...

Great little house and tag! Your garden is looking glorious Helen. So many beautiful and colourful flowers. x

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I'm swooning over your pink and pink and blue house! LOVE it. I got your book that has that pattern in it, for my birthday! I'm so happy! I am so drawn to those darling little houses.. too cute to use for a pin cushion! I would like to make several and hang them up somewhere. It's fun working with felt. Your gardens are just stunning and so bright and full of colors. My garden this year and flowers are getting eaten up by ear wigs.. they are horrible this year. Your flowers all look intact and lovely. I'm envious! Oh.. and love the vintage tin you used as a vase. Your blog just makes me feel good! Hugs.. Marilyn (Oregon)

Sam I Am...... said...

Helen, you have outdone yourself, as always! That sweet little felt cottage and all your lovely flowers! I have a hard time growing anything here in the South U.S.A. as either the deer eat it or they burn up in the heat. I don't even want to be outside this time of year! LOL!
I love your sweet tag and I could probably handle that paper craft...so cute and would really come in handy for gifts too. I did not know that sweet peas had a scent. Now, I definitely need to grow some....or try. I love your poppy...I've never seen one in that color. Your little bun warmer is so pretty with the red gingham border and the new fabrics are so lovely and I can get Riley Blake here in the U.S....I need to check that out! What a lovely and inspiring post! Continue enjoying your Summer in the land of beautiful gardens! Hugs ~ Sam

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Hi Helen! I'm stopping by from Marilyn's blog and as expected you did not disappoint. Such pretty crafts you have made, and your garden is absolutely lovely. It's a little bit of heaven on earth.

The gingham towel is so darling. I don't think I've ever seen binding like that. What a find!

Your vintage tin has inspired me to look for something like that for flowers. So pretty and far more interesting than a 'normal' vase.

xxx

handmade by amalia said...

Love the sweet pincushion, there is no place like home.
Amalia
xo

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love the hollyhock (I don't seem to have luck with them) and the sweet pin cushion. Sometimes I really miss the fabric stash I had. I love to look at your sewing projects!
Brenda

Rosa said...

So sweetest projects and your garden is a paradise!