Monday 6 March 2017

Spring Things

 Happy March everyone!........the sun is shining here and we have a post filled with spring things today..........first of all there is a little spring rabbit all ready for spring outings in her little knitted dress and matching hat..............
 .................the bunny and her outfit are my project in this month's crafts beautiful magazine which you can read about here..............
 .............and she is even on the cover, just about to step out of the picture...........
 .............i love knitting and i love knitting clothes for the bunnies i sew too....they are fun to make and don't take too long.............the stripy dress on my spring bunny is made from stylecraft special dk but could be made from any dk yarn and is great for using up scraps..............
 ................these sweet pastel shades are why i love spring so much..... pretty flowers and bulbs, sugar coated eggs, easter decorations and the blossom just beginning to open on my favourite cherry tree...........
 ...............there are some lovely photographs of this bunny in the magazine but i just had to take a few more myself too..............this pretty daisy embroidered table cloth belonged to grannie (mr p's mother) who loved flowers as much as i do...............

 ...............i have picked out some fabrics in these sort of colours too...thinking sherbet fruits sweets or sugared almonds or maybe mini eggs :) ................
 ..............to make an hourglass quilt specially for spring.............
 ..............i used a rotary cutter to cut squares to make half square triangles and then cut them in half again...........each unit has different pieces so the overall effect is mixed up and scrappy......like a pile of sweeties..............
 .........below is the first sewn together block.............hope to show you plenty more of this quilt very soon.......
 ...........i was pottering in the greenhouse on saturday when it was sunny and warm in there....
 ............everything is growing happily and it is lovely to see bulbs emerging that i had forgotten about :)......and luckily this bunny is very well behaved and doesn't nibble the plants.......
.................thank you for dropping in to my little crafty space here in blogland dear readers...........thank you so much for the kind comments you leave me too....it is lovely to read them.......wishing you all a wonderful week ahead enjoying the beginning of march and the start of spring (or autumn of course if you are reading this from the other side of the world)...........enjoy your happy crafty days everyone............................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

29 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Love Bunny and her knitted frock

Julie xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Dreaming of spring along with you, bought flower seeds at the florist last week. Your new little bunny is a delight, did you name her? The fabrics chosen for your quilt are beautiful ... you always chose the most lovely fabrics!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see the embroidered treasure from your mum in law and your bunny. Natalie

Elderberry-Rob said...

The bunny is very pretty, so is your MIL tablecloth - I found a couple in charity shops years ago that I treasure. I notice that M&S are selling lace runners and tea sets this year that they have never offered the likes of before - presumably there's a demand and ladies across the UK want to sit down to tea done 'properly' (prettily).

PamKittyMorning said...

Lovely! Love your pretty sewing and that cute bunny in a dress and cap and oh those spring flowers.

Mickie said...

Helen,
Oh my goodness!! What a wonderful springtime post!! I love everything about it. The new hourglass quilt will be another favorite of mine, and oh, the beautiful embroidered tablecloth. What a treasure! That little bunny with her knitted dress is a must make. I must find that magazine for sure.
Thank you for sharing once again.
Mickie Indiana USA

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Well needless to say Helen, this is my kind of post!! :) I love bunny and her dress is so pretty! As is your new quilt, all that pretty fabric.
Sherbet fruits, sugared almonds and mini eggs do it for me every time!! :)
Have a great week,
V x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful. The bunny dress colors will make a nice spring knit cap or hat.

Frances said...

Spring has definitely appeared around your place! The little bunny is adorable and will surely encourage many folks to make their own versions. Fun to think of all this sweet Easter bunnies. Your new quilt's colors are so cheering! xo

20 North Ora said...

You definitely are in Spring mode!! Love all of your happy colors.

Judy

Teje said...

Hello Helen! I'm happy to see and read about your spring mood! Your little buny has very beautiful spring outfit and you made me think that perhaps my bunny needs also new dress or cardigan. After our puppy guest left, I have cleaned a lot today, inside and outside with beautiful and warm spring weather! From tomorrow will rain, so good to start sewings. Happy week! x Teje

Jacky H said...

Your blog is delightful to read. I love your bunny especially her outfit. Spring has certainly arrived the colours you use are wonderful.
Thanks for a nice afternoon read.
Have a lovely week.

Annerose said...

Oh wie schön da passt wieder alles farblich sehr gut zusammen. Tolles Kleidchen für den Hasi.
Grüße Annerose

pens and needles said...

What a lucky bunny she is, to have a mum make her such a pretty dress and hat. I, too, love knitting -- but for my grands instead of bunnies. :) Your spring colors are so cheery today. It's a dark, dreary day in the Missouri Ozarks, so this welcome pop of color on your blog brightened my day. Thank you!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Your little bunny is super cute, and I'm drooling over your greenhouse with all those lovely flowering plants! We had a real bunny hanging around my sweetie's house this weekend, I guess that's our sign that spring will make it to the mountain top sometime in the not so distant future - can't wait!

HTML said...

I read your posts every time you post one. They make me so happy and I feel warm and fuzzy inside as I look at those yummy sweet colors. You really inspire me. Would love to make one of your bunnies, is there a pattern I can buy?

KitsyKeelSmith
ystik@yahoo.com

Christine B said...

What a beautiful bunny! I love her pretty knitted dress and matching hat. Happy March Helen! Christine x

Leanne said...

So many pretty colours in your post Helen, your bunny is adorable in her knitted dress.

Teresa Kasner said...

I am in LOVE with that bunny and her pretty pastel stripy dress! How cool is that your bunny made the cover of the craft magazine! I'll have to see about subscribing to it. Enjoy your weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

handmade by amalia said...

Your little spring rabbit is a darling, Helen. It is good that she has a knitted dress, it is still quite chilly.
Amalia
xo

Rhona said...

Glad your little bunny didn't nibble at the plants! Love the spring colours in this post....so cheerful and uplifting.

Simone said...

Great spring bunny in her knitted dress and beanie hat! You have such a beautifully kept and organised greenhouse Helen! x

Jane said...

Awwe Helen a real life cover girl bunny.She is gorgeous and I love those colours....so spring like. It's been lovely here today I hope you managed to get out in your pretty garden. Enjoy the week.Hugs xxx

Lorrie said...

What a lovely, fresh post that wafts spring over this way where everything is very drab, wet, and cold. Your bunny is a darling and no wonder she made the cover. All these bright colours have added happiness to my day.

crazydazy said...

What a beautiful post....all those spring images and colours.I particularly like the bunny with her knitted dress and bobble hat.

Gabri millecrocette said...

Happy march to you too...so lovely bunny!!

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Helen, Your post is just so pretty, I need to see all these colors every day, just to bring me hope for Spring coming here. We have about 4 more weeks anyway! I hope I last!
Love seeing the greenhouse pottering!
xoxoRobin

Lee said...

Ooooh love everything in this post.That Gorgeous bunny,I ador her outfit and the colours are just lovely.Huggles xx

Rosa said...

So beautiful projects.Love your fabrics!