Monday 25 May 2015

Garden Bunny

 Today we have a new bunny for you to meet........she is called bea and she is a garden bunny......
 ...............her dress is made with one of my most favourite fabrics ever, which you have seen here before......it is from lakehouse dry goods...............
                                         ................here is bea, being created.............
 ...............her ears are lined with some new lecien basics fabric, a design of little cross stitches or kisses, very cute and useful and i will be using it again soon..........
 ............... i thought that the green ric rac looked just right to decorate the hem of her dress.............
 ................little bea, before she had her dress buttons sewn on (we were waiting for the tiny pink flower buttons to arrive by post)...........
 .....................such sweet flowers in the garden now, more and more opening each day, and roses already, quite a mixture to choose from..............
 ...............i covered a little pen pot with this gorgeous fabric too so i can use it on my desk..........
 .............now we must have some real garden pictures too, so here is the wonderful parterre garden at erdigg, north wales, that we visited with the family recently..........
 .............such beautiful tulips under planted with violas...really pretty effects.....
 ................mellow old brick walls surround the garden.............and there are lovely features like the vintage watering cans and wheel barrow to add to the timeless atmosphere...............
 .............charlie and daisy loved the freedom of all the grass to run around on, and to roll down on too.......we had afternoon tea in the tea garden, and molly the dog was allowed to join us there.....
 ..............daisy, charlie and molly (with her new travel water bowl bought by the children specially for her)..............
............little bea perched on the stool, a bunny favourite place for posing, with a new pillow......
.                     ............and wearing her flowery headband........do you like it??...........

............we have had a very lovely and very busy bank holiday weekend with adorable baby rhys and his mummy and daddy staying with us.........lots of baby bliss to enjoy and lots of pictures to sort out soon too ........i am catching up with some work now as well as writing my blog post...........thank you for dropping in here to see me, dear readers, and for your kind and generous comments, always such a joy to read..................wishing you all a happy week, filled with flowers, sunshine and crafty times.........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

49 comments:

Susan said...

That garden is so lovely. I'm glad your family had such a wonderful time (and Molly too). Bea is adorable. I'm always impressed that your bunnies have such cute expressions. I've never had luck doing faces. Thank you for sharing your world with us. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Welcome to Bunny Bea - she is lovely, the dress is perfect for a garden bunny! Your flowers are so pretty, and I love your idea of fabric on the flower pot. Your visit to Wales is like a dream to me, my father's grandfather emigrated from there and I would love to visit some day. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Hugs ~ Mary

homemade@myplace said...

Be a is adorable!!!!!
happy week Helen, xxxxx Ale

Cindy said...

Bunny Bea is so pretty - I love the last picture with the garland on her head.
I also love the photos of the garden you visited. We are hoping to go to England next spring (for our 35th anniversary) and I starting to get ideas on what we will visit. Gardens, of course!

Ingrid Orens said...

Bea, you are an adorable little bunny ! And I love the fabric of your dress !!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Have a wonderful holiday!
The fabric and Bea are beautiful.

Gill - That British Woman said...

just gorgeous and I love all the fabric's that you use.

Winwick Mum said...

She's beautiful, and I do like her headband. I like your covered pot, too, so that you can always have your favourite fabric close by :-) xx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I'm always happy to meet a new bunny rabbit Helen and little Bea is a delight!
I too have some of that gorgeous fabric waiting for it's moment. :)
What a beautiful garden to visit and so lovely that it could be enjoyed by all the family including little Molly.
Have a lovely week Helen,
V x

Ali said...

Oh wow!!! She is gorgeous and pictures of such a pretty garden too, enjoy the rest of the weekend xxx

floral and feather said...

Hello Bunny Bea - love her dress fabric, just gorgeous. What a beautiful garden too.
Zoe | floral and feather

Art and Sand said...

I love your sweet bunny.

I haven't made any animals or dolls in years. I think I need to take it up again.

20 North Ora said...

I love Bea especially with her little garland on her head. So cute!! Those gardens are just beautiful!

Have a great week!

Judy

Jenn M said...

What a sweet little bunny: my favourite little animal (after my own little Jack Russel of course). Flower crown is just perfect and I think you should leave it forever on her head: it turns her into a little bunny fairy almost.
Have a wonderful week,
Jenn

Teresa Kasner said...

Welcome to the world, Bea! I just love her dress fabric and the little floral halo reminds me of the one I wore at our wedding. Sounds like a wonderful time with your little baby and his parents visiting. Wonderful times for you. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Simone said...

Bea is Bea-u-tiful! She suits her garland very well and I love the giant ric-rac! Have a lovely week Helen. x

Things and Thoughts said...

Bunny Bea is simply adorable, how can you make things look so perfect Helen!!!Love this last picture of her crowned with flowers!
Happy new week!
Olympia

Elderberry-Rob said...

Little Bea is beautiful and the last picture with her flower buttons in place is so sweet, I love those buttons!

Mokki said...

What a sweet lityle bunny, her flower headband us lovely too.

Christine B said...

Bea is a beautiful bunny... very sweet! Love the gorgeous gardens you visited, they look so charming. Glad you have had a lovely weekend! :) x

Amy at love made my home said...

Hello Bea! She is very cute indeed and her dress is very pretty! Lovely gardens that you visited, such beautiful flowers!!! Glad you have been having fun! xx

Jane said...

Your little bunny is very pretty, I love her dress fabric. The garden you visited looks beautiful. Have a good week. Jane xx

Jane said...

Bea is a beauty Helen and that fabric is gorgeous. Your garden visit looked fun with so many pretty flowers. I'm glad you had a good bank holiday. Have a lovely week x

Kim said...

Bea is super sweet...her dress is divine and so is all the pink blooming outside! Swoon....

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your garden bunny is the sweetest! I love making bunnies and should try to make one for summer time. And what pretty photos of the gardens you visited. Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I LOVE BEA and her darling flower headband! Your sweet Bea makes me happy :)
warmly,
deb

handmade by amalia said...

Welcome Bea! Enjoy your time in the garden, but don't forget sunscreen.
Amalia
xo

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Helen, what a fun time you had with family on this nice long weekend. Such beautiful gardens. I wish I had a green thumb. And welomr to bunny Bea, I am sure she will be well loved in your home. Enjoy the rest of your week. Hugs, Jane

Lorrie said...

Bea is adorable. Love the little kisses in her ears.
Beautiful flower bouquets, too. Gardens are delightful just now here, too.

Carla said...

Helen....so very cute! She is just darling!

driftwood said...

hello Bea, lovely to meet you xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Bea is gorgeous....and the touch of green finishes her dress perfectly.

Sigrun said...

Oh, she is cute, your Bea! What a lovely rabbit.
Erdigg I have not visited, but it is on my list.

Sigrun

Teje said...

Hi Helen! I love Bea with her flowery headband and beautiful dress! Your photos are so beautiful and that your favourite Fabric is really sweet! Hmmm...I need to make one bunny! x Teje

Sharon said...

Bea is gorgeous, I love her headband. The ric rac on her dress really does add a great finishing touch, I may just have to borrow that idea sometime if you don't mind :-)

Cream Linen said...

Beautiful colours and bunny!!
I love your attention to detail in all the things you make!
Tina xxx

Annie Cholewa said...

I'm wondering if you've kept count of all the lovely bunnies you've made over the years?

Annie Cholewa said...

I'm wondering if you've kept count of all the lovely bunnies you've made over the years?

SuperMomNoCape said...

Bea is just a sweet as she can be!! I love her little flower headband... it's just perfect for her.

cristina said...

Hi, Helen! I love little Bea!!! with this lovely dress! and I love the ears too! your blog soo nice as always... thanks for sharing!

Susan Freeman said...

Love the fabric you used for Bea's dress ~ adorable!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Evelyne said...

I love your garden so colourful!
The bunny is so cute!
Have a nice and sunny week.
Evelyne

Gillian said...

Glad you enjoyed your bank holiday weekend. Bea is gorgeous.

justpootling said...

She's absolutely beautiful Helen, Kate x

ghemulet said...

I love her cute little smile...

My Little Home and Garden said...

Bea is beautiful and the gardens, well! I would enjoy a stroll and a nice cup of tea there, Helen.

Karen

Ella and Nesta said...

Bea is so pretty! The fabric is perfect and I really like your can too! The garden looks beautiful, what a lovely outing.

Thimbleanna said...

Awwww, she's adorable! I love that super cute Lakehouse print too!

Sam I Am...... said...

Bea is so cute and the sundress is just perfect for her. I think she might be my favorite! The flower headband is just so cute and really sets her off.
England is the garden capital of the world I think. I think it's in your genes as the formal and informal are all so beautiful. I love England with your walking trails and greenery, trees, ocean views and train travel. It just seems like the people are so gentle and know how to enjoy the simple things in life. I do have English and Irish roots so I am partial to the British Isles. I will probably never get a chance to visit but I so appreciate you sharing it all with me. I still remember when you visited Beatrix Potter's farm...loved it! Your grandchildren are so cute and getting big! Where does the time go? Take care my friend and as always thank you for your beautiful blog, creations and for sharing your journey with us all.