Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas Angel

 It certainly feels like christmas here now..........calm and bright and with lots of magical moments over the past week..........time to show you this little doll........angelica the christmas angel..........
 ............i made her a little while ago, and she waited patiently to be finished.............
 ..............i needed to add the halo and the wings............her flowery dress is trimmed with vintage style lace and a pink net underskirt...........i took the photo below to show the shape of her wings...
 ..........before i attached the wings i checked what the text actually said to make sure it was suitable for an angel...........i think so..............especially a stitched one............
 ............we had a magical christmassy day out at the weekend, when we met up with rosie and chris in manchester, and caught the metro into the city centre where we wandered through the christmas markets and went to the radisson blu edwardian for a splendid afternoon tea.......their treat to us as part of my birthday present from the summer....we saved it up for this special day :).............
 ............i loved the colourful stalls, the little lights and the warm festive atmosphere............
 .............this is a sneak peek at a wonderful treat which came my way this week from the lovely pam of pam kitty morning..........a big parcel of brand new, straight from the printers, beautiful pam kitty picnic fabrics for me to work with.............regular readers will know i have loved each collection of pam kitty morning fabrics and have used them a lot in my designs.........the new fabrics are just as  gorgeous and i am already planning lots of projects that i want to make with them.......more about them soon.......and more pictures soon of the fabrics too.......you can buy pam kitty picnic fabrics right now here.........
 .............after having the invaluable help of charlie and daisy to put up the red and white christmas tree in the sitting room i put up the frosty pastel tree in the main lounge myself a few days later.....one year i bought masses of white, pastel, snowflakey ornaments, silvery beads, icicles and glass baubles and i have not needed to add anything to this tree until this year when i saw this sparkly white mushroom....
 .............lots of candles are being lit here, love this angels and stars candle ring which i have shown on previous years....some new red and white heart patterned candles this time...............
 .............besides working on my projects for january commissions, i have been trying, like everyone else, to tick off my christmas lists, not all that efficiently, rather slowly and distractedly but i expect it will all be all right in the end.........and i have found time to make some pretty peppermint bark with chocolate and candy canes and buy a bright christmas tin, perfect for keeping it in...........(not sure how the little dog got into the picture but maybe something to do with the name of the candy....)
 ..................i love making christmas candy and sweets, and this year am preferring it to baking.......
...............one last picture of angelica and a sugar mouse..........thank you for popping in here to visit me, lovely readers, despite the busyness of the season and thank you for your sweet comments..... i hope your lists are getting nicely ticked off and wish you all a magical week......i will be back again before christmas...............so see you soon xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooxxxxxxxxx

45 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the little angel, she is so pretty! And so are those new fabrics. (I think I need to do some shopping for myself:)
I still have a few gifts to buy, but I will do that this weekend. The school where I work will be done on Friday (Yeah!) and I can get lots done after that.

Jille said...

Angelica is gorgeous! A very pretty little angel.

Amy at love made my home said...

Well hello Angelica! You look like a real cutie! I love peppermint bark, never mind finding a tin to keep it in, I would just scoff the lot sadly! Your candle ring is so pretty with those new heart candles! xx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a gorgeous little angel, just perfect for the season! :)
You little mushroom s beautiful too!
What a great idea to save your birthday present until now, it sounded like the perfect day out!.
Have a lovely festive week Helen,
V xxx

Gracie Saylor said...

It is a delight to visit your posts, Helen :) Angelica, and a sugar mouse, and family outings, and new materials to use creatively, treasured decorations, and newly acquired decorations...colorful palettes of your life and all expressing love. Thanks. xx

Unknown said...

Looks like Christmas arrived early with that beautiful bundle of fabrics! The angel is darling - I love the text wings! - and she looks especially sweet cuddled up to sugar mouse...I've enjoyed all your festive photos in this post, thank your for sharing! Chrissie xxx

Deborah said...

Oh my! How I love your sweet angel! She is so precious! And lucky you with your Pam Kitty fabric! Isn't it the prettiest? Perfect for your lovely projects! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

homemade@myplace said...

beautiful decorations and the angel, too!!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

Teresa Kasner said...

Hello Dear Helen! Your angel is just diving.. a real family heirloom treasure for sure. I went downtown to a movie with my sisters today and had lunch in a French restaurant.. fun times! I'm all set with 2 more luncheons to enjoy.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

PamKittyMorning said...

Merry Christmas! xop

Unknown said...

Hi Helen!!! Your angel doll is so precious!!! She certainly has an angelic little face!!! Love the new fabric and can't wait to see what you're going to do with them!!! Enjoy the festive season and have a fab weekend!!!
Love
AMarie

Lori ann said...

Oh! how precious is the doll and mouse too! love all your pretty decorations helen, the mushroom is so sweet, i would have had to bring that home too. your trip into the city sounds wonderful, so glad you were able to do that!
i hope you enjoy your week of merry making!

A little happy place said...

Hi Helen, the Angel is so pretty and I agree the text on her wings is very appropriate. Your day out sounded marvelous, afternoon tea....yum...what a lovely treat. Looking forward to seeing your new work in 2014, in the meanwhile have a lovely week in the build up to the big day!! Sarah xo

Jane said...

Angelica is the perfect Christmas angel Helen, your pastel tree is gorgeous. What a lovely Christmas visit to Manchester topped off with your afternoon tea. I agree that everything is getting busy now but it's still great to take some time out too and enjoy the season to it's full x

Teje Karjalainen said...

Dear Helen, thank you for a beautiful and Christmassy moment! I love Angelica and Sugar Mouse! Your trip sounded great and I can imagine how you wait to start with those beautiful, NEW Fabrics! Have a lovely day! x Teje

forgetmenotsblue said...

Angelica is so beautiful! Such gorgeous touches with the vintage lace and under skirt, she has such a pretty face.
Love the sparkly mushroom! Looks like you had a lovely time out and about. If I don speak to you before have a lovely Christmas and new year xx

justpootling said...

Hi Helen
What a gorgeous post, so many delightful Christmassy pictures and your angel is just perfect.
Its all looking as though you're ready for Christmas !
Merry Christmas
Kate x

Christine B said...

Beautiful post as always Helen! I just adore Angelica! So sweet! Have a wonderful Christmas xxx

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Darling angel! All of your Christmas decorations are so pretty and your sweets look so yummy!! My list is slowly getting smaller, yay! I can't wait to see what you make with the pretty fabric too!!

Annerose said...

Schön dein Engelchen und die neuen Stoffe sind ganz toll.
Ich wünsche dir eine schöne Weihnachtszeit und schicke liebe Grüße Annerose

Bee Lady said...

Angelica is adorable and so is the Christmas mouse. I think they will be good friends! Your post made me want to go somewhere Christmassy for the day. A quaint little town, with some stores, and some quaint Christmas lights, and a fun place to eat, where people are all in the Christmas spirit!

Cindy Bee

Hannapat said...

Angelica sure is the perfect name for the angelic angel. She is beautiful and it sure looks like your home is filled with all the gorgeous things that we drool over at Christmas. Your tree looks really lovely Helen and I love all the pretty baubles. Going to Manchester Christmas markets is always something I look forward to, but sadly we tried it with the wheelchair last year and it just didn't really work with two small children and only one daddy to push, so I keep the wonderful memories I have of it firmly in my head so I can remind myself just how much I love it. It sounds like your birthday treat was splendid and the fabrics look wonderful. I really look forward to seeing what you make with it. If I don't speak to you again, have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year. Much love xoxo

Rhona said...

Such a cute angel and the perfect name for her! Sounds like a really fun birthday treat. Can't wait to see what you do with those gorgeous fabrics.
Happy Christmas!

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

She's so pretty, the perfect Christmas angel! Lovely fabric, can't wait to see what wounds you work with those! :) x

scrappyjacky said...

Your angel is sooooo pretty....a perfect christmas addition.

Anonymous said...

Love Angelica, love her pink underskirt and vintage lace and her halo and her beautiful wings! Love the little doggie with his hat keeping watch over the Christmas bark :) I am finished my Christmas sewing, looking forward to finishing my quilt, then getting back to sewing with Helen in my patchwork books :)

Big hugs ~ Mary

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Sweet Helen, What a heavenly Angel! Just lovely, I love her wings and the text. That is a fabulous stack of Pam Kitty picnic fabric. Oh, the possibilities!!!! All your decorations are so festive and unique. So nice you had a magical weekend, love the way a gift can be spread out!!
Happy Merry Days, Helen, xoRobin

Ali said...

Just Gorgeous!!!

Erna said...

Now isn't she lovely, your gorgeous Angelica.... and guess where I spend last weekend .....right in Manchester. What a great Christmas market..
Big Christmas hugs from a windy but mild Amsterdam
Erna x

Erna said...

Now isn't she lovely, your gorgeous Angelica.... and guess where I spend last weekend .....right in Manchester. What a great Christmas market..
Big Christmas hugs from a windy but mild Amsterdam
Erna x

crazydazy said...

Angelica is so sweet...I particularly like the text on the wings.........so unusual and original

Simone said...

A wonderful post Helen! We could all do with a white sparkly mushroom! That would have made my day! x

Unknown said...

Helen what a feast for the eyes, you always come up with so many beautiful projects and makes, I just adore them. I just love seeing a new post from you as I know that I will be overwhelmed with the gorgeous things you have made. A fabulous post and I adore the little fairy, she is just magic, would love her on my tree. Have a fabulous week Helen and Happy Christmas to you and your lovely family.
Big hugs to you and lots of love
Dorothy
:-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh, I love the angel...how timely too at this time of year. I know they've been helping me out a lot this season. She is precious and I need to make one. And the little sugar mouse? How sweet is that? You peppermint bark looks yummy and it was on my list but so far it has not been made. Caramels are next. I'm like you doing... more candies and mixes this year as they ship better than the cookies. You tree looks lovely and the mushroom is exquisite! I think I may have to order some Pam Kitty for a little present to myself. I can't wait to see what you make with it. TTYL!

vintage grey said...

Your angel is darling and so very sweet!! All your decorations are so pretty, too. Have fun playing with all that pretty fabric! Wishing you a Merry Christmas Helen! May it be a beautiful and blessed one for you and your family! xo Heather

Susan Freeman said...

Angelica and the sugar mouse are just as sweet as can be! Love all of your decorations too.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Madelief said...

What a beautiful angel Angelica is! Your tree looks beautiful Helen. You and Daisy did a good job!

Wishing you lots of fun preparing for Christmas!

Madelief x

Unknown said...

My dear friend your angel is magic, it brings harmony :) it is always a pleasure to visit your blog, love the ideas, craft and decoration ...
Wish you a peaceful day
Love, Bless
Nina***

thesnailgarden said...

Beautiful photos and such a sweet angel! I love the fabric you have used for her wings. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas, Pj x

claire said...

have a happy christmas helen x

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Just wanted to pop over and wish you a merry Christmas. Haven't been in bloggy world much due to my facebook page being busy , will hopefully get back to it in 2014 and more often :-)

gillyflower said...

Angelica is lovely!
Enjoy the rest of your preparations Helen, and have a wonderful Christmas!
Gill xx

Beverly said...

Where can I purchase the sugar mice pattern?

Annie Cholewa said...

Your angel is adorable Helen!

AwaludinUser said...

hard to believe I am very happy to be joined commented here, it makes an experience for me obiyudin
obat penghilang gondok beracun tradisional